Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

  1. #11

    Default Re: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    Sure:
    Code:
    erlangen:~ # cat /usr/lib/modprobe.d/60-blacklist_fs-hfs.conf 
    # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! 
    # 
    # The hfs file system is blacklisted by default because it isn't actively 
    # supported by SUSE, not well maintained, or may have security vulnerabilites. 
    blacklist hfs 
    # The filesystem can be un-blacklisted by running "modprobe hfs". 
    # See README.md in the suse-module-tools package for details. 
    install hfs /usr/lib/module-init-tools/unblacklist hfs; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install hfs 
    
    erlangen:~ #
    Code:
    TOWER:~ # modprobe hfs
    modprobe: FATAL: Module hfs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.3.18-150300.59.93-default
    TOWER:~ # /usr/lib/module-init-tools/unblacklist hfs
    -bash: /usr/lib/module-init-tools/unblacklist: No such file or directory
    TOWER:~ # /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install hfs
    modprobe: FATAL: Module hfs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.3.18-150300.59.93-default
    Rick71

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Erlangen
    Posts
    4,374
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by rick71 View Post
    Code:
    TOWER:~ # modprobe hfs
    modprobe: FATAL: Module hfs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.3.18-150300.59.93-default
    TOWER:~ # /usr/lib/module-init-tools/unblacklist hfs
    -bash: /usr/lib/module-init-tools/unblacklist: No such file or directory
    TOWER:~ # /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install hfs
    modprobe: FATAL: Module hfs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.3.18-150300.59.93-default
    Details at /usr/share/doc/packages/suse-module-tools/README.md
    openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma, Blogs/KeepItSimple, i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), 5600X, 5700U (2022)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    7,489

    Default AW: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    Install hfsprogs and hfsutils, as root:
    Code:
    mount -t hfsplus -o force,rw /dev/sdXY /media/mntpoint
    Have you done it this way?
    Module is there.....
    Code:
    ls -al /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/fs/hfsplus/
    insgesamt 96
    drwxr-xr-x 1 root root    28 30. Sep 15:50 .
    drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   676 30. Sep 15:50 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 96457 30. Sep 10:55 hfsplus.ko.zst

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,299
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Blacklisted filesystem modules are provided by kernel-<type>-optional. I have to install it for HPFS.
    Last edited by nrickert; 01-Oct-2022 at 16:40. Reason: as requested by author
    Reg. Linux User 211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 15.4, TW, 15.1 & 13.1 on Haswell @earthlink.net
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2) &15.4 on i965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: Debian, Fedora, Mageia, more on Rocket Lake & older Intel, AMD, NVidia....

  5. #15

    Default Re: AW: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    Have you done it this way?
    Module is there.....
    Code:
    ls -al /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/fs/hfsplus/
    insgesamt 96
    drwxr-xr-x 1 root root    28 30. Sep 15:50 .
    drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   676 30. Sep 15:50 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 96457 30. Sep 10:55 hfsplus.ko.zst
    I am looking for hfs, not hfs plus.
    Rick71

  6. #16

    Default Re: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
    Blacklisted filesystem modules are provided by kernel-<type>-extra. I have to install it for HPFS.
    What do I replace <type> with?

    I do have kernel-default-extra installed.
    Rick71

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,299
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by rick71 View Post
    What do I replace <type> with?

    I do have kernel-default-extra installed.
    I posted a typo. You need kernel-default-optional, as opposed to kernel-azure-optional or kernel-preempt-optional.
    Reg. Linux User 211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 15.4, TW, 15.1 & 13.1 on Haswell @earthlink.net
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2) &15.4 on i965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: Debian, Fedora, Mageia, more on Rocket Lake & older Intel, AMD, NVidia....

  8. #18

    Default Re: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
    I posted a typo. You need kernel-default-optional, as opposed to kernel-azure-optional or kernel-preempt-optional.
    /lib/modules/5.3.18-150300.59.93-default/kernel/fs shows hfsplus and hpfs, but not hfs.
    Rick71

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    East of Podunk
    Posts
    33,736
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by rick71 View Post
    /lib/modules/5.3.18-150300.59.93-default/kernel/fs shows hfsplus and hpfs, but not hfs.
    Hi
    You would need to install the kernel source and build the hfs module, install and probe. Then add hfs to /etc/filesystems.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  10. #20

    Default Re: Remove HFS filesystem from blacklist.

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    You would need to install the kernel source and build the hfs module, install and probe. Then add hfs to /etc/filesystems.
    I'll read up on that, but I'm not sue I want go that deep.
    Thanks, though.
    :-)
    Rick71

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •