Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mouse acceleration and X11

Default Re: Mouse acceleration and X11

Quote Originally Posted by newtoopensuse View Post
    ... so I activated the file again (changed "My mouse" to "USB Optical mouse"). A bit weird that this file should override the other files.
    Strange... Well, whatever works... Leave that as is then.

Edit: Out of interest, could you please post the output of:
    Code:
    cat ~/.config/kcminputrc
    Regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Strange... Well, whatever works... Leave that as is then.

Edit: Out of interest, could you please post the output of:
    Code:
    cat ~/.config/kcminputrc
    Hi Paul,

Here's the output :

Code:
    theman@linux-5wbg:~> cat ~/.config/kcminputrc 
    [$Version] 
    update_info=delete_cursor_old_default_size.upd:DeleteCursorOldDefaultSize,kcminputrc_fix_botched_5_21_0.upd:kcminputrc_fix_botched_5_21_0_pre,kcminputrc_fix_botched_5_21_0.upd:kcminputrc_fix_botched_5_21_0,kcminputrc_repeat.upd:kcminputrc_migrat
    e_key_repeat 

[Keyboard] 
    KeyRepeat=repeat 
    NumLock=2 
    RepeatDelay=600 
    RepeatRate=25 

[Mouse] 
    XLbInptAccelProfileFlat=true 
    XLbInptPointerAcceleration=-0.4 
    cursorTheme=Breeze_Snow 

[Tmp] 
    update_info=delete_cursor_old_default_size.upd:DeleteCursorOldDefaultSize 
    theman@linux-5wbg:~> 

OK - Thanks...

Just for interest...

Try as I might I can't replicate the behaviour you're seeing. Your (KDE) settings are much as I expected them to be given what you had earlier stated as your preference for mouse behaviour.

On two machines running Leap 15.4 and two with TW the "Mouse" section of my "~/.config/kcmiputrc" is:
    Code:
    [Mouse]
    XLbInptAccelProfileFlat=false
    XLbInptPointerAcceleration=0.2
    cursorTheme=Oxygen_White
    My preference is more or less the opposite of yours, Adaptive Profile and slightly increased Acceleration.
    That works on all four machines without the need for any *.conf file in "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/"

With this "50-mouse-test.conf" file (I've so far only tried this on two of my systems, one Leap, one TW, both with the same brand/model mouse)
    Code:
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Logitech Wireless Receiver Mouse"
            MatchProduct "Logitech Wireless Receiver Mouse"
            MatchIsPointer "yes"
            Driver "libinput"
            Option "AccelProfile" "adaptive"
            Option "AccelSpeed" "0.2"
    EndSection
    and after removing the "XLbInpt*" lines from "~/.config/kcmiputrc", logout from KDE, restart Xserver, login to KDE. My mouse behaviour is as it was when the configuration was set by KDE.

If I now change the KDE configuration to for example "Flat" with -0.4 Acceleration those settings take effect, overriding that set by the *.conf file.

Logout/login and still the KDE settings are in effect; logout, reboot, login and still in effect, both as I would expect.

Removing the "50-mouse-test.conf", logout, restart Xserver, login, and still those settings are in effect.

So... why it's not working on your machine... I have absolutely no idea ...

But, as you have a working solution I guess l'll leave it at that and put it down to "one of those mysteries".

Maybe your mouse is not getting a balanced diet and it's decided to be a little recalcitrant but the thought of your "50-mouse-acceleration.conf" scares it into obedience.
    Regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    OK - Thanks...

Just for interest...

Try as I might I can't replicate the behaviour you're seeing. Your (KDE) settings are much as I expected them to be given what you had earlier stated as your preference for mouse behaviour.

On two machines running Leap 15.4 and two with TW the "Mouse" section of my "~/.config/kcmiputrc" is:
    Code:
    [Mouse]
    XLbInptAccelProfileFlat=false
    XLbInptPointerAcceleration=0.2
    cursorTheme=Oxygen_White
    My preference is more or less the opposite of yours, Adaptive Profile and slightly increased Acceleration.
    That works on all four machines without the need for any *.conf file in "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/"

With this "50-mouse-test.conf" file (I've so far only tried this on two of my systems, one Leap, one TW, both with the same brand/model mouse)
    Code:
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Logitech Wireless Receiver Mouse"
            MatchProduct "Logitech Wireless Receiver Mouse"
            MatchIsPointer "yes"
            Driver "libinput"
            Option "AccelProfile" "adaptive"
            Option "AccelSpeed" "0.2"
    EndSection
    and after removing the "XLbInpt*" lines from "~/.config/kcmiputrc", logout from KDE, restart Xserver, login to KDE. My mouse behaviour is as it was when the configuration was set by KDE.

If I now change the KDE configuration to for example "Flat" with -0.4 Acceleration those settings take effect, overriding that set by the *.conf file.

Logout/login and still the KDE settings are in effect; logout, reboot, login and still in effect, both as I would expect.

Removing the "50-mouse-test.conf", logout, restart Xserver, login, and still those settings are in effect.

So... why it's not working on your machine... I have absolutely no idea ...

But, as you have a working solution I guess l'll leave it at that and put it down to "one of those mysteries".

Maybe your mouse is not getting a balanced diet and it's decided to be a little recalcitrant but the thought of your "50-mouse-acceleration.conf" scares it into obedience.

Thanks for trying to replicate my issue, I can imagine a perfected system such as yours can be a school book example of how a openSUSE system should be running and will probably dodge all extraordinary settings and fall back to last known good setting. :-D
    It indeed must be something weird going on with my system. Small stuff that I probably won't notice until I stumble upon them As a matter of fact, the default (?) setting for my mouse was adaptive and I only changed it thinking the flat option would remedy the problem.

Thanks for the humorous twist to the mousy thing!

Well, mouse works well here and I got a small insight of the workings of X11 and Wayland, how they're sort of intertwined.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123