Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Root password no longer accepted except for SDDM login manager

Default Re: Root password no longer accepted except for SDDM login manager

Quote Originally Posted by CatMan View Post
    Im confused, the only reason i can think ... If Im correct here, why is there still a reference to NIS in Yast ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Sorry, I can't answer those questions, you would need to contact the YaST/NIS developers.
    As a follow up to that, this thread on the Factory mailing list may be of interest to you.

https://lists.opensuse.org/archives/...RHP674UFM7RHB/
    Regards, Paul

Post Re: Root password no longer accepted except for SDDM login manager

[QUOTE=arvidjaar;3150392]
    This implies that root user is missing in /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow,

P.S. your messages are unreadable. These were the only lines more or less clear although you continue to ignore explicit request to use code tags.
    - What messages are you referring to exactly ? you have not quoted one single message in which i was"unclear" ??
    as for TAGS - I admit should have used a TAG earlier for the many TERMINAL lines of output for the rpm's i was listing
    the above was only about 3-4 lines as such, it was not nessessary to use tags in that that last case

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    As a follow up to that, this thread on the Factory mailing list may be of interest to you.

https://lists.opensuse.org/archives/...RHP674UFM7RHB/

Yes i agree about that entirely - I have to re-read up about this procedure wise
    Thank you for the link as well

What messages are you referring to exactly ?
    All your posts in this thread. Each post is one single flow of text without any clear markup to distinguish between information you provide, quotes you make, computer text or your actual questions. And yes, using proper tags does help in interpreting your posts.

You have problem, you are asking for help, so it is in your best interest to assist others in helping you. Making it harder than necessary will result in either your posts being skipped or in picking out some part of your post and making the incomplete/wrong answer based in incomplete/wrong understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    You have problem, you are asking for help, so it is in your best interest to assist others in helping you. Making it harder than necessary will result in either your posts being skipped or in picking out some part of your post and making the incomplete/wrong answer based in incomplete/wrong understanding.
    Dear @CatMan.Maybe I should remind my post #2 above, part of which I will quote:
    And please, please:

There is an important, but not easy to find feature on the forums.

Please in the future use CODE tags around copied/pasted computer text in a post. It is the # button in the tool bar of the post editor. When applicable copy/paste complete, that is including the prompt, the command, the output and the next prompt.

An example is here: Using CODE tags Around your paste.
    Now, of course feel free to do that or not. But be aware that people will leave your thread for more rewarding activities when you willingly do not follow that.
    Henk van Velden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12