Thread: Squelched

Default Squelched

You may only post 3 messages every 30 minutes.
    Really? I can't reply to Carl?
    "Take a Walk on a Sunny Day, Greet everyone along the way, and Make Somebody Smile, Today"
    Gerry Jack Macks"Walk On A Sunny Day" GerryJackMacks.net

Default Re: Squelched

Your report is a bit unclear. Only a error/warning, whatever message without clear explanation about where, what, ..., nobody that is not clairvoyant can say much useful.

When this is in a the GUI (and not in the CLI), I think your are very much aware how to post a screen shot using suspaste after all these years.

And I have no idea who "Carl" is, nor why you think he is special in this case.

It looks like you think the forums have a restriction somewhere, but I never experienced this. Not for myself, nor when having lively discussions with other members of certainly more then three posts in the same thread within 30 minutes.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Your report is a bit unclear. Only a error/warning, whatever message without clear explanation about where, what, ..., nobody that is not clairvoyant can say much useful.

When this is in a the GUI (and not in the CLI), I think your are very much aware how to post a screen shot using suspaste after all these years.

And I have no idea who "Carl" is, nor why you think he is special in this case.

It looks like you think the forums have a restriction somewhere, but I never experienced this. Not for myself, nor when having lively discussions with other members of certainly more then three posts in the same thread within 30 minutes.
    I am SHOCKED to find out you are not clairvoyant, hcvv ... my reality has just been shattered!
    It's in PM, Carl is Global Moderator caf4926, you should maybe get to know him

Somehow, I think Global Moderators ought to be special.

Sorry, H, but I couldn't resist ...

Anyway, the "special" part was not the "who", but the fact it was a restriction against replying to a PM.

Still don't know why there is a restriction, but there must have been a reason somewhere to implement one. Never had that before, but I have had to wrestle my way back into the forums after a long absence with my Music, so maybe some incident(s) forced that change in the meantime? Just guessing.

But, it really wasn't that important, anyway.
    "Take a Walk on a Sunny Day, Greet everyone along the way, and Make Somebody Smile, Today"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    I am SHOCKED to find out you are not clairvoyant, hcvv ... my reality has just been shattered!
    It's in PM, Carl is Global Moderator caf4926, you should maybe get to know him

Somehow, I think Global Moderators ought to be special.

Sorry, H, but I couldn't resist ...

Anyway, the "special" part was not the "who", but the fact it was a restriction against replying to a PM.
    Oh, I had assumed you were replying to a forum thread somewhere. I'm not aware of any such restriction with respect to personal messages. Maybe I've just never hit that limit!

But, it really wasn't that important, anyway.
    Agreed - a first-world problem.
    openSUSE Leap 15.4; KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Oh, I had assumed you were replying to a forum thread somewhere. I'm not aware of any such restriction with respect to personal messages. Maybe I've just never hit that limit!
    Yeah, as Henk pointed out, I should have mentioned that *little* detail ... but, truth was, I really wasn't that worried about getting an answer. Just making one of my silly comments. I'm lucky Henk didn't suspend me for awhile for creating a worthless post.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Agreed - a first-world problem.

I can assure you that we take such reports serious and are spending time on it. We both discussed it together and did not understand it at all.

Now that we know it is about PMs, I can tell you that I never experienced that because I never tried. But I can understand that there is such a limit to prevent people flooding others with harassing messages. As you also think it is a minor problem, we better leave it at that and conclude: unsolved, it is as it is
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    I can assure you that we take such reports serious and are spending time on it. We both discussed it together and did not understand it at all.

Now that we know it is about PMs, I can tell you that I never experienced that because I never tried. But I can understand that there is such a limit to prevent people flooding others with harassing messages. As you also think it is a minor problem, we better leave it at that and conclude: unsolved, it is as it is
    Yep. Agreed.