Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Online update of 15.3

Default Re: Online update of 15.3

Quote Originally Posted by pattiM View Post
    "...as long as done before any of the remainder that still include "openSUSE_Leap_" trim them to match the new template."

Thank You!
    I can't read this sentence correctly, I think. It reads like two sentences, with possibly opposite intent, concatenated (shown in two different colors). There may be a conjunction or something missing between them that makes this hard for me to parse. I get really paranoid trying to follow instructions that seem ambiguous. Can you restate, please?

I have no idea what this sentence says either. @pattim make sure you get it right or you'll be doing a fresh install.

I used a "dry run" string to see what would happen with nothing actually being done.

sudo zypper --releasever=15.4 dup --dry-run --download-only --auto-agree-with-licenses --allow-vendor-change

tom kosvic

Default Re: Online update of 15.3

Quote Originally Posted by pattiM View Post
    "...as long as done before any of the remainder that still include "openSUSE_Leap_" trim them to match the new template."

Thank You!
    I can't read this sentence correctly, I think. It reads like two sentences, with possibly opposite intent, concatenated (shown in two different colors). There may be a conjunction or something missing between them that makes this hard for me to parse. I get really paranoid trying to follow instructions that seem ambiguous. Can you restate, please?

I have no idea what this sentence says either. @pattim make sure you get it right or you'll be doing a fresh install.

I used a "dry run" string to see what would happen with nothing actually being done. After manually changing the "extra" OBS repos like science, graphics, electronics, etc to their new naming format in 15.4, I ran:

sudo zypper --releasever=15.4 dup --dry-run --download-only --auto-agree-with-licenses --allow-vendor-change

After seeing that this completed satisfactorily, I ran same command without "dry run". Update went fine.

tom kosvic

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234