Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how install ttf-mscorefonts locally (for using only with libreoffice, prevent system from using it)

Default Re: how install ttf-mscorefonts locally (for using only with libreoffice, prevent system from using

Quote Originally Posted by naive2021 View Post
    3- after install Ms core fonts the firefox fonts setting change automatically and use times new roman, arial.
    To be perfectly honest, I've never, ever, experienced Firefox running on Linux behaving as you describe.
    • I have the Microsoft fonts always installed (since many, many years) but, I've never noticed that Firefox automatically changed my personalised font settings.
    • Regardless of whether, I chose the Bitstream Vera fonts or, currently, the Linux Liberation fonts …

Please check your system installation:
    1. Repositories – please, please, please, override the standard openSUSE Repositories with due care and attention – please avoid private member's repositories unless, you have communicated with the person responsible for the private repository and, you absolutely understand what you're doing …
    2. Please make sure that, the repository Meta Data is correct – “zypper refresh --force”.
    3. Please verify your installation – “zypper verify” and “rpm --verify --all”.
    4. Mozilla products normally do a good job of maintaining the content of the user's cached data – for Firefox, the data located in ‘~/.cache/mozilla/firefox/’ – but, it may well be that, this normally good behaviour, is in your case, not quite as it should be – please check the Firefox behaviour with a new, fresh, test user.

Default Re: how install ttf-mscorefonts locally (for using only with libreoffice, prevent system from using

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I've never, ever, experienced Firefox running on Linux behaving as you describe.
    • I have the Microsoft fonts always installed (since many, many years) but, I've never noticed that Firefox automatically changed my personalised font settings.
    • Regardless of whether, I chose the Bitstream Vera fonts or, currently, the Linux Liberation fonts …

Please check your system installation:
    1. Repositories – please, please, please, override the standard openSUSE Repositories with due care and attention – please avoid private member's repositories unless, you have communicated with the person responsible for the private repository and, you absolutely understand what you're doing …
    2. Please make sure that, the repository Meta Data is correct – “zypper refresh --force”.
    3. Please verify your installation – “zypper verify” and “rpm --verify --all”.
    4. Mozilla products normally do a good job of maintaining the content of the user's cached data – for Firefox, the data located in ‘~/.cache/mozilla/firefox/’ – but, it may well be that, this normally good behaviour, is in your case, not quite as it should be – please check the Firefox behaviour with a new, fresh, test user.
    me too in opensuse 15.3 i do not face this problem(i install opensuse 15.3 two or three times in last one year and did not face this problem).

weird thing when face this problem in 15.4 i go back use my usb that hold 15.3 version and install it again but this time face the problem (did the 15.3 repository changed after opensuse 15.4 launch?)

1- i only add packman and NVIDIA repo.

2- sudo zypper ref
    Code:
    Repository 'nVidia Graphics Drivers' is up to date.                             
    Repository 'Packman Repository' is up to date.                                  
    Repository 'Update repository of openSUSE Backports' is up to date.             
    Repository 'Non-OSS Repository' is up to date.                                  
    Repository 'Main Repository' is up to date.                                     
    Repository 'Update repository with updates from SUSE Linux Enterprise 15' is up
    to date.

Repository 'Main Update Repository' is up to date.                              
    Repository 'Update Repository (Non-Oss)' is up to date.                         
    All repositories have been refreshed.

3- i run sudo zypper verify result: "Dependencies of all installed packages are satisfied."

i remove the core font and as it effect the arabic font in facebook, the idea i try understand why this happen now, what change

really many thanks for you all
    knowledge seeker

Quote Originally Posted by naive2021 View Post
    me too in opensuse 15.3 i do not face this problem(i install opensuse 15.3 two or three times in last one year and did not face this problem).

weird thing when face this problem in 15.4 i go back use my usb that hold 15.3 version and install it again but this time face the problem (did the 15.3 repository changed after opensuse 15.4 launch?)

1- i only add packman and NVIDIA repo.

2- sudo zypper ref
    Code:
    Repository 'nVidia Graphics Drivers' is up to date.                             
    Repository 'Packman Repository' is up to date.                                  
    Repository 'Update repository of openSUSE Backports' is up to date.             
    Repository 'Non-OSS Repository' is up to date.                                  
    Repository 'Main Repository' is up to date.                                     
    Repository 'Update repository with updates from SUSE Linux Enterprise 15' is up
    to date.

Repository 'Main Update Repository' is up to date.                              
    Repository 'Update Repository (Non-Oss)' is up to date.                         
    All repositories have been refreshed.

3- i run sudo zypper verify result: "Dependencies of all installed packages are satisfied."

i remove the core font and as it effect the arabic font in facebook, the idea i try understand why this happen now, what change

really many thanks for you all
    I suspect that it is the font hinting that affects the look of your font, It makes the font smoother thinner and looks smaller in the eyes.
    Try the font hinting settings between none, slight, medium and full and see which is easy on your monitor to read.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    I suspect that it is the font hinting that affects the look of your font, It makes the font smoother thinner and looks smaller in the eyes.
    Try the font hinting settings between none, slight, medium and full and see which is easy on your monitor to read.
    many thanks for you. try it but did not give the required results. so i open bug report
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1202074
    knowledge seeker

You may use LibreOffice Portable and add fonts into its font folder: https://frameboxxindore.com/linux/ho...ice-linux.html

Can you add fonts to LibreOffice?

In general, you don’t install fonts exclusively for LibreOffice (except for LibreOffice Portable, which has its own fonts folder); normally, fonts are installed system-wide. If the downloaded fonts are in a . zip file, extract them somewhere. Right-click on the font file(s) and select Install from the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Svyatko View Post
    You may use LibreOffice Portable and add fonts into its font folder: https://frameboxxindore.com/linux/ho...ice-linux.html
    many thanks for you
    knowledge seeker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12