Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installer screens overlaying

Default Re: Installer screens overlaying

Ha the 1600x900 resolution plus 96 dpi worked! Of course using the lo-fi mode (The one with the sidebar) and should I attach the Yast logs without any graphics parameters to see what resolution it picks up?

Deleting /usr/bin/xrdb also worked again with the lo-fi installer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foosa View Post
    Ha the 1600x900 resolution plus 96 dpi worked! Of course using the lo-fi mode (The one with the sidebar) and should I attach the Yast logs without any graphics parameters to see what resolution it picks up?
    I asked that susepaste command be put into the installer. I don't remember if it was supposed to have happened yet. It might be easiest to restart the installer. After the license screen appears, do Ctrl-Alt-F2, then susepaste /var/log/Xorg.0.log or cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | susepaste. Sometimes susepaste will claim to fail, but on going to https://paste.opensuse.org/lists you find it succeeded. The entire set of logs from running save_y2logs typically is too big to attach anywhere except bugzilla. Since https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1199020 already exists with two sets already, attaching a set producing the problem there would probably be unnecessary, but it's up to you.
    Reg. Linux User 211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 15.3, TW, 15.1 & 13.1 on Haswell @earthlink.net
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2) &15.2 on i965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: Debian, Fedora, Mageia, more on Rocket Lake & older Intel, AMD, NVidia....

Sorry for the late response . It took me a quite of time to get my ethernet cable set up (The net installer didn't support my Wi-Fi card). Here is the paste link https://paste.opensuse.org/19841426.

Blog Entries

That log, which is from last Friday, shows
    Code:
    modeset(0): Output eDP-1 using initial mode 1920x1080 +0+0
    eDP-1 is a laptop screen. It's the only display reported as connected. It also reports errors:
    Code:
    (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
    (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    (EE) AIGLX error: unable to load driver swrast
    (EE) GLX: could not load software renderer
    (II) GLX: no usable GL providers found for screen 0
    Whether this is important in an installer context I don't know. It comes from package Mesa-dri, which I doubt the installer context requires. I could be wrong. Mesa-dri is important to have installed in a normally running system whether with Wayland or Xorg in use.

It also shows:
    Code:
    Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/x86_64/loader/linux splash=silent
    That means XVideo= was not used on the boot that produced the log file you uploaded.
    Tertiary: Debian, Fedora, Mageia, more on Rocket Lake & older Intel, AMD, NVidia....

Oh should I have used the XVideo parameter? If I should of, i'll retest it .

According to your analysis Xorg detects the screen resolution correctly. So is the resolution itself the problem .

Blog Entries

1920x1080, as putatively the most common resolution of the past more than a decade for desktop PCs, shouldn't be responsible for the subject problem. We know there's a bug already reported and confirmed about overlapping windows, so since you seem to have succeeded in installing, there seems nothing left to be done in this particular thread. Any more follow-up would seem better directed to the bug report.

Ok thanks for all your help .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123