Quote Originally Posted by ionmich View Post
It automatically responded "n".
It seems that, somehow, the exFAT File System which was on the SD Card (SDXC Card) when you bought it, somehow, with all the advice to place another File System on the card, got erased …
  • Please, please, please – if and SD Card larger than 32 GB (an SDXC Card if 64 GB → 2 TB – an SDUC Card if 2 TB → 128 TB) then, the File System has to be exFAT.
  • The reason is, the SDXC and SDUC specifications demand that, the File System be exFAT.
  • And, there's circuitry on these cards which enforces digital rights management (DRM) content-protection – the Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM) security circuitry.

I haven't found anything, yet, to support an assumption that, this physical circuitry on the SD Cards also demands that, the File System has to be exFAT – but, I wouldn't be surprised if that were to be case …
Therefore, what you should do is –

• A good practise before the correct File System is placed on the device, is to 1st zero the first few blocks on the device –

Code:
 #  dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdb iflag=fullblock bs=1G count=2 status=progress
 #  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb iflag=fullblock bs=1G count=2 status=progress
  • First, you'll have to partition the device –

Code:
 # fdisk -c=dos /dev/sdb
  • Then, place an exFAT File System on the partition you've just created – you'll need the openSUSE Package “exfatprogs”:

Code:
 # mkfs.exfat /dev/sdb1
The result should look something like this:
Code:
 # LANG=C fdisk -l /dev/sdf
Disk /dev/sdf: 59.48 GiB, 63864569856 bytes, 124735488 sectors
Disk model: USB3.0 CRW-SD   
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x4c6faf3d