Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: mcomix doesn't open

  1. #1

    Default mcomix doesn't open

    I have fresh install of Leap 15.4, and when I tried to install mcomix it will not run. I have messed with it a bit, and mcomix worked for me before, but after what appears to be a successful install, if I try to run it it fails to open. Here's the errors when I tried to launch it from a command line:

    Code:
    alexius@Volstagg:~$ mcomix  
    Traceback (most recent call last): 
      File "/usr/bin/mcomix", line 11, in <module> 
        load_entry_point('mcomix==2.0.2', 'console_scripts', 'mcomix')() 
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mcomix-2.0.2-py3.6.egg/mcomix/run.py", line 124, in run 
        require_version('Gtk', '3.0') 
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 130, in require_version 
        (namespace, version)) 
    ValueError: Namespace Gtk not available for version 3.0
    
    It looks to me like it's telling me that python or Gtk isn't installed, but both are on my system. I feel like someone more experienced than me will be able to look at this and tell me 'It's saying XXXX is missing, install that' but I haven't been able to find the think that is missing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    7,230

    Default AW: mcomix doesn't open

    Is python3-gobject-Gdk installed?

  3. #3

    Default Re: mcomix doesn't open

    I just double checked: Yes.

    Code:
    alexius@Volstagg:~$ sudo zypper install python3-gobject-Gdk  
    Loading repository data... 
    Reading installed packages... 
    'python3-gobject-Gdk' is already installed. 
    No update candidate for 'python3-gobject-Gdk-3.42.0-150400.1.48.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed. 
    Resolving package dependencies... 
    Nothing to do.
    
    

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    7,230

    Default AW: mcomix doesn't open

    Installed mcomix from multimedia:apps and working.

    So please post:
    Code:
    zypper  lr -d
    Have you used pip to install some python libs or Programms?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,863

    Default Re: mcomix doesn't open

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    Code:
        require_version('Gtk', '3.0') 
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 130, in require_version 
        (namespace, version)) 
    ValueError: Namespace Gtk not available for version 3.0
    
    You need typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0.
    Code:
    bor@10:~> zypper se --provides 'typelib(Gtk)=3.0'
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    
    
    S | Name                | Type  | Version             | Arch   | Repository
    --+---------------------+-------+---------------------+--------+----------------
    i | typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0 | pac-> | 3.24.31-150400.1.11 | x86_64 | Main Repository
    bor@10:~>

  6. #6

    Default Re: mcomix doesn't open

    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    You need typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0.
    Code:
    bor@10:~> zypper se --provides 'typelib(Gtk)=3.0'
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    
    
    S | Name                | Type  | Version             | Arch   | Repository
    --+---------------------+-------+---------------------+--------+----------------
    i | typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0 | pac-> | 3.24.31-150400.1.11 | x86_64 | Main Repository
    bor@10:~>
    This did it!

    Anyone know how to get a message to whoever lists the dependencies to include that?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    30,948

    Default Re: mcomix doesn't open

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    This did it!
    What did it? This only provides information, it does not do anything to your system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    Anyone know how to get a message to whoever lists the dependencies to include that?
    A bug report?
    Henk van Velden

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    30,948

    Default Re: mcomix doesn't open

    Henk van Velden

  9. #9

    Default Re: mcomix doesn't open

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    What did it? This only provides information, it does not do anything to your system.
    I should have been more clear. I did not have typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0 installed, and once I installed it, mcomix opened normally.

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    A bug report?
    Thank you, I will try to do that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    30,948

    Default Re: mcomix doesn't open

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    I should have been more clear. I did not have typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0 installed, and once I installed it, mcomix opened normally.
    .
    Nice you got it working
    Henk van Velden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •