Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best iso download style with error checking - opensuse leap 15.4 - firefox - kde

Question best iso download style with error checking - opensuse leap 15.4 - firefox - kde

I need some help finding the best method and guide me setp by step through it, so I don't have to download twice. I never was able to get the gpg signature to work, just the shal256sum.

There is something called meta-link which I think requires a firefox add-on.

Is there a command line to check the file as you download it? I vaguely remember something about that.

Thanks.

Default Re: best iso download style with error checking - opensuse leap 15.4 - firefox - kde

"You didn't get it to work" is relativ vague. You know this help: https://en.opensuse.org/SDBownload_help#Checksums ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: best iso download style with error checking - opensuse leap 15.4 - firefox - kde

Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    There is something called meta-link which I think requires a firefox add-on.
    You can use the command "aria2c" to download from the metalink. You may need to install the "aria2" package.
    openSUSE Leap 15.4; KDE Plasma 5.24.4;
    testing Tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by hui View Post
    "You didn't get it to work" is relativ vague. You know this help: https://en.opensuse.org/SDBownload_help#Checksums ?
    command to download pgp sig fails.

Code:
    gpg --recv-keys 0x22C07BA534178CD02EFE22AAB88B2FD43DBDC284

# If you experience a "Failed to receive key from key server: no name" error, try this instead:

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x22C07BA534178CD02EFE22AAB88B2FD43DBDC284
    Both fail to download key.

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    You can use the command "aria2c" to download from the metalink. You may need to install the "aria2" package.
    what's the specific command for aria2?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    what's the specific command for aria2?
    Hi
    Why are you posting the same question after the last release?

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...s-import-fails

Code:
    gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 0x22C07BA534178CD02EFE22AAB88B2FD43DBDC284

gpg: key B88B2FD43DBDC284: public key "openSUSE Project Signing Key <opensuse@opensuse.org>" imported
    gpg: Total number processed: 1
    gpg:               imported: 1
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Bit Torrent is working fast. I'll check the sha256sum as well.

I'll post here when I download and burn without error.

The torrent file disappeared and won't let me download it again. I couldn't find the file after I downloaded it.

The checksum didn't work. Torrent downloaded a different filename.

How do I use aria2 to download the iso file?

I couldn't get torrent to work, metalink means installing an addon. I went to just downloading directly and download the sha256sum,

Does anyone have the sha512sum for opensuse leap 15.4?

The sha256sum matched. PGP keys failed to download.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast