Black bars right and left on TV

I use my TV (LG) as a screen for my computer. The grafic-card is Via P4M890 . My resolution is 1920x1080, but KDE is not using the full screen. I do have black bar right and left. i can not access the black area with the mouse curser. X11 choosed “via” as driver. i tried openchrome, but i was not able to get it work.

I use Tumbleweed latest version.

how can i get rid of these bars?

Hi
What does the output from the following show;

xrandr
xrandr --listmonitors
xrandr --listproviders

Have you checked the TV menu system for widescreen, full screen etc?

First of all, thanks for your help!

xrandr

xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 1280 x 720, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
default connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1920x1080      0.00* 
   1280x720       0.00

xrandr --listmonitors

Monitors: 1
 0: +*default 1920/508x1080/286+0+0  default

xrandr --listproviders

Providers: number : 0

On the TV i have 2 choices: 4:3 and 16:9 using VGA. I can not adjust height and width. The TV is a “LG 32LF2500”.

Hi
So it’s set to 16:9? Your likely to get better results if can connect to HDMI input on the TV (VGA to HDMI converter) as I’m guessing the computer only has VGA out?

OP’s first thread started yesterday.
(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/openchrome_drv.so: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/openchrome_drv.so: undefined symbol: GlxSetVisualConfigs

Yes, i tried both setting. But i think it should be set to 16:9. I do not own a VGA to HDMI converter. I know with driver “openchrome” i got a “fulscreen”

Tthats my second try to get it working.

I know (or hope) there will be a chance to get it working without new hardware becaue it worked before with a Tumbleweed from 2020, but broke with (distribution-)update.

Now i am able to use openchrome-driver again. Works great. Fixed for me. See: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/570695-openchrome-undefined-symbol-GlxSetVisualConfigs