Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: network HP printer

Default Re: network HP printer

Quote Originally Posted by dave67 View Post
    I been using the HP instant ink service The ink cartridges in the service are larger than the retail. I started it I think in 2019. I pay around 4 bucks bucks a month. This is is the first year I got ink sent to me to replace a low cartridges.

I was buying the ink locally at an office supply store which would be around every three to 4 months of 50.00 for the combo set. I would have to buy both cause most do not sell them separately twice a year. I play 60 total for the service and that saves me at least 50 bucks a year. Though this only works for WiFi models on a network. I never got WPS to work on printers that supported it ever.
    WPS hasn't worked for me either on my HP printer. Another annoyance is that my router didn't see the printer, so I couldn't get the ip from the router web page. But, since I had a prior connection on this printer, I used the printer to tell me its ip and that worked to manually connect via hp-setup.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Prexy View Post
    WPS hasn't worked for me either on my HP printer. Another annoyance is that my router didn't see the printer, so I couldn't get the ip from the router web page. But, since I had a prior connection on this printer, I used the printer to tell me its ip and that worked to manually connect via hp-setup.
    You can get printer IDs with printing service page.

Here's something I can't explain. I lost the wireless connection and nothing I did could get it back. The router simply did not see the printer and the printer did not see the network. For other reasons, I booted into Windows and the printer connected automatically, although with a new IP address. When I booted back into TW, the printer remained connected.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12