Thread: Accidental Shutdown Production Server - Suse Linux Enterprise server for SAP Applications 15 SP1

Question Accidental Shutdown Production Server - Suse Linux Enterprise server for SAP Applications 15 SP1

Hi Team

This is my first post and hoping to contribute much in the future.
    If this is not the appropriate sub forum to post, please suggest relevant sub forum. Thanks

“I searched for this topic and posted the same query in SAP Support forum as well”

Our Customer using SAP S/4 HANA on AWS
    Operating System - Suse Linux Enterprise server for Sap Applications - 15 SP 1 (Total of 16 VM's)

We chose the BYOS version, where the premier support isn’t included,
    it was all fine until customer faced an issue two months ago

Their Production Server has shut down automatically without any intimation, below is the log from AWS Console

“userAgent”: "aws-cli/1.18.117 Python/3.6.12 Linux/4.12.14-197.83-default
    botocore/1.17.40" “userName”: “InstanceRole-HANA-DB-02”
    Logs from OS with time stamp :
    2022-02-23T12:13:48.984527+08:00 as4hana-hdp01 systemd-logind[3022]: Power key pressed.
    2022-02-23T12:13:48.984753+08:00 as4hana-hdp01 systemd-logind[3022]: Powering Off…
    2022-02-23T12:13:48.984875+08:00 as4hana-hdp01 systemd-logind[3022]: System is powering down.

When we reached AWS support, they directed us to SUSE to find the Root Cause Analysis and suggested to buy SUSE Premier Support
    Is Premier support a mandatory to get this advanced support ?

Or is this something to do with SAP

Your expert advice is much appreciated

Regards
    Vinodh

Default Re: Accidental Shutdown Production Server - Suse Linux Enterprise server for SAP Applications 15 SP

Quote Originally Posted by vinodhmohan View Post
    Hi Team

[FONT=Arial]This is my first post and hoping to contribute much in the future.
    If this is not the appropriate sub forum to post, please suggest relevant sub forum. Thanks
    Thanks for your positive remarks, but you are at the wrong forums at all. These are the openSUSE forums. For the SLES/SLED forums, please go to https://community.suse.com/
    Henk van Velden

Thumbs up Re: Accidental Shutdown Production Server - Suse Linux Enterprise server for SAP Applications 15 SP

Thanks for that
    i have also raised it in Rancher Forums
    Now I have sent a request to join the SUSE Community

Will update here post the response

Regards
    Vinodh

Default Re: Accidental Shutdown Production Server - Suse Linux Enterprise server for SAP Applications 15 SP

This being a sub-forum of technical questions/problems, and this being no such question for openSUSE, it will be closed.
    Henk van Velden