Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFS shares unmounted after resume from suspend on Leap 15.4b

Default NFS shares unmounted after resume from suspend on Leap 15.4b

Hi all.

On Leap 15.4 beta my NFS shares on my synology nas are unmounted after I resume from suspend. This does not happen on 15.3.
    I configured my shares in fstab as follows:

Code:
    192.168.1.16:/volumeUSB1/usbshare /media/share/Synology/usbshare1 nfsdefaults,nofail 0 0
    Is this a bug or has it something to do with newer versions of software on 15.4 and these settings?

Default Re: NFS shares unmounted after resume from suspend on Leap 15.4b

Quote Originally Posted by Operius View Post
    On Leap 15.4 beta my NFS shares on my synology nas are unmounted after I resume from suspend.
    Are you using wicked or NetworkManager?
    I configured my shares in fstab as follows:
    Code:
    192.168.1.16:/volumeUSB1/usbshare /media/share/Synology/usbshare1 nfsdefaults,nofail 0 0
    This line cannot work, looks like space is missing somwehere.

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    Are you using wicked or NetworkManager?

This line cannot work, looks like space is missing somwehere.
    I'm using networkmanager. And something went wrong with copying and pasting from fstab. This is how it is:

Code:
    192.168.1.16:/volumeUSB1/usbshare /media/share/Synology/usbshare1 nfs defaults,nofail 0 0

I'm using networkmanager.
    NetworkManager comes with dispatcher script to unmount NFS filesystems in /etc/fstab when interface goes down and mount them when interface comes up. This is /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/nfs. As a quick test you could try moving this script out of its directory. Does it change anything?

NetworkManager comes with dispatcher script to unmount NFS filesystems in /etc/fstab when interface goes down and mount them when interface comes up. This is /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/nfs. As a quick test you could try moving this script out of its directory. Does it change anything?
    It has mounted the shares after resuming from suspend. So that 'seems' to be a solution.
    But it is strange that this script prevents the very thing it is written for.

I have compared the nfs file between the one from a fresh 15.4 install and the one after a upgrade from 15.3, and they are identical.
    So now I wonder is this script needed at all? Or is it broken and needs to be fixed. Because this has worked for me, maybe not for others?

It has mounted the shares after resuming from suspend.
    No. It did not unmount them before suspend, they remained mounted.
    Or is it broken and needs to be fixed.
    Something else may have changed.

Put script back, reboot, capture output of "cat /proc/self/mountinfo" suspend, resume and provide full output of "journalctl -b" and "cat /proc/self/mountinfo" again (upload to https://susepaste.org).

No. It did not unmount them before suspend, they remained mounted.

Something else may have changed.

Put script back, reboot, capture output of "cat /proc/self/mountinfo" suspend, resume and provide full output of "journalctl -b" and "cat /proc/self/mountinfo" again (upload to https://susepaste.org).
    Ok here are the files:

Mountinfo after reboot: https://susepaste.org/33941218
    Journalctl -b after reboot: https://susepaste.org/24517714

Mountinfo after resume: https://susepaste.org/41096167
    Journalctl -b after resume: https://susepaste.org/11185126

This looks like inherent race condition.

NetworkManger dispatcher up/down scripts are run asynchronously. So what apparently happens, scripts started on interface down continues to run and unmounts filesystems after resume. Here is trivial scrip that just adds some delay:
    Code:
    May 23 18:24:15 bor-Latitude-E5450 nm-dispatcher[210825]: req:2 'down' [wlan0], "/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/30-test": run script
    May 23 18:24:25 bor-Latitude-E5450 kernel: ACPI: Waking up from system sleep state S3
    May 23 18:24:25 bor-Latitude-E5450 nm-dispatcher[210825]: req:2 'down' [wlan0], "/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/30-test": complete
    You can debug this by adding file /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/50-debug.conf with content
    Code:
    root@bor-Latitude-E5450:~# cat /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/50-debug.conf
    [logging]
    domains=DISPATCH:TRACE
    root@bor-Latitude-E5450:~#
    and restart NetworkManager.

If I am right, you could try to add nfs script (just link to the existing one) to the directory /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/pre-down.d. According to documentation, scripts in this directory are executed synchronously, so NetworkManager should wait until filesystems are unmounted before suspend.

you could try to add nfs script (just link to the existing one)
    On the second thought, this will run script twice - as pre-down and as down which is probably not what we want. Try moving script in pre-down.d and linking additionally into pre-up.d. See "man NetworkManager" for details. It also possible to leave script in place, but then script needs editing, remove "down" from case condition.

On the second thought, this will run script twice - as pre-down and as down which is probably not what we want. Try moving script in pre-down.d and linking additionally into pre-up.d. See "man NetworkManager" for details. It also possible to leave script in place, but then script needs editing, remove "down" from case condition.
    I don't think I understand what you want me to do.
    From what I think I understand:

• I should make a directory called 'predown.d' in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/
    • Then make a script in predown.d with this content:
      Code:
      May 23 18:24:15 bor-Latitude-E5450 nm-dispatcher[210825]: req:2 'down' [wlan0], "/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/30-test": run script
      May 23 18:24:25 bor-Latitude-E5450 kernel: ACPI: Waking up from system sleep state S3
      ... May 23 18:24:25 bor-Latitude-E5450 nm-dispatcher[210825]: req:2 'down' [wlan0], "/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/30-test": complete
    • ​Then make a link to the original nfs file in predown.d
    • Then restart NetworkManager

Is that correct?
    Also the nfs file stays in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d?
    And what do the times/dates (
    May 23 18:24:15) mean in the script?
    Is that script ment to suspend and resume at a specific?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast