Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STUMPED! Out of space 41.3GB LV, expanded to 51.x and SUSE still reading lower size

Default Re: STUMPED! Out of space 41.3GB LV, expanded to 51.x and SUSE still reading lower size

In general if you increase the container you also have to increase the file system and or partition usage. The file system/partitions do not get their info from the container you have to tell what size you want them.

LVM is a type of container that allows spanning multiple disks and also applying encryption over multiple virtual partitions and file systems

Default Re: STUMPED! Out of space 41.3GB LV, expanded to 51.x and SUSE still reading lower size

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    I spend most of my time in Tumbleweed and don't run snapshots, but have split out various directories that write a lot, maybe the next install I would consider lvm for these. My / is btrfs with a size of 60GB, of that 18GB allocated and 13GB used even with recent big updates.
    No need to split. Copy on write may get in the way. Turning off this feature for selected subtrees is straight forward, as is turning off snapshots for subvolumes, such as /var, /usr/local, /srv, /root, /opt, /home and others.

A single partition occupying all available space on a drive and seamless snapshots are the most significant features of btrfs.
    i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), 5600X (2022) openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12