Thread: How to build Mozilla VPN Client

Default How to build Mozilla VPN Client

Hey dear community,
    I'd like to switch from Ubuntu 21.10 to SUSE Tumbleweed. That's because support will end in july and I do not like Canonical's snapcraft enforcment. I've just tried SUSE Tumbleweed in VMware and it seems that the concept ist perfect for me. Especially YaST is going to become my friend. All the software that I usually use works fine, but there is one exception.
    It's Mozilla VPN client. Because there is no rpm-package provided by Mozilla, I will have to build it on my own from github.
    I've already downloaded the repository successfully via
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/mozilla-vpn-client.git
    Then I followed the instructions in the README.md. First I shall install QT6, which can be downloaded as a binary package.
    I have done this. But when I try to run it via »sudo« I get the following message:

Code:
    qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
    qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
    This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: minimal, xcb.

Afgebroken
    I have an Ubuntu 21.10 based installation natively where I don't get this error message. So, how can I resolve this issue on SUSE Tumbleweed?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to build Mozilla VPN Client

If using NetworkManager, you can just configure a WireGuard VPN connection using the connection editor.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

Thank you, but where can I find the manual configuration of Mozilla VPN to setup?
    I've already searched for this and as far as I could figure out Mozilla doesn't support manual setup of.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitali's_paradox View Post
    Thank you, but where can I find the manual configuration of Mozilla VPN to setup?
    Looks like MozWire can export Mozilla VPN wireguard configuration.

when I try to run it via »sudo«
    What is "it"? Describe what you are doing so that others can also understand it. Show full command and complete output, not some random lines out of nowhere.

Soory, I mean the qt6-installer.
    Code:
    sudo ./qt-unified-linux-x64-4.3.0-1-online.run 
    This reurns:
    Code:
    qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
    This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: minimal, xcb.

Afgebroken

Code:
    PAM configuration for sudo does not include pam_xauth. You should be able to run it using su.