Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox cannot access settings and menu bar

Default Firefox cannot access settings and menu bar

Firefox 91.8 cannot access settings. F10 shows menubar, but cannot be accessed. Apart from that FF works fine. Help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Firefox cannot access settings and menu bar

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

When I hit F10 (having an active FF window), it opens the left most items from the menubar (it is called Besatand here, but I assume it is called File in en English language locale). I can the either click on an item, or use the down arrow and Return key to select an item from that menu and it "works".
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by khallergard View Post
    Firefox 91.8 cannot access settings. F10 shows menubar, but cannot be accessed.
    Are you certain that, all the packages associated with Firefox are installed and, that, they're all installed correctly?
    Code:
     > zypper search --installed-only firefox
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

S  | Name                               | Summary                             | Type
    ---+------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+--------
    i+ | MozillaFirefox                     | Mozilla Firefox Web Browser         | package
    i+ | MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE   | openSUSE branding of MozillaFirefox | package
    i+ | MozillaFirefox-translations-common | Common translations for Firefox     | package
     >
    Do “zypper verify” and “rpm --verify --all” both execute without indicating any missing packages and/or files?

Default Firefox/Thunderird do not register menus selection

Hi everybody,

I've a problem with firefox & thunderbird. I can not open an menu in the main bar( e..g. files, edit,..) Firefox & Thunderbird does no register any mouse click on the menu item or any shurtcut( alt + letter ) The same if I want to open a pop up menu by right mouse click. Further I have can't open a pop down menu (e.g. to select spelling correction in Thunderbird)

This problems are not always there but very frequently. Most times if I restart all it works for some time, but later the same behavior?

I had this problem on openSuse leap 15.1 and now on 15.3 I'm, using Firefox 91.8.0 esr(64 bit) and Thunderbird 91.8.0 (64Bit)

Does anybody has an idea?
    Thank you very much
    Arnd

Default Re: Firefox/Thunderird do not register menus selection

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Can you please check out if this is the same as this one: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...75#post3124375?

On first reading it looks so to me. Please tell us here if you think it is the same. Then we can merge the thread to concentrate efforts to solve it.
    Henk van Velden

Default Re: Firefox/Thunderird do not register menus selection

Yes it is the same! I was not aware that I had this problem also in Thunderbird, which I do

F10 shows the menu bar, but when I tap on File (or Edit or ..) the bar disappears.

Cannot do many of the suggestions in the links as I cannot access the Settings. Did the about:support and there tried Troubleshoot Mode and cleared Cache. Also reinstalled Firefox. No changes am afraid

Checked the packages as suggested, but it seems all ok, also the verify by zypper and rpm

Was pointed out to me that there might be a similar problem with Thunderbird, which I was not aware of (until now). Yes there is

Attention please!

I have merged these two threads. The problem seems to be more general.
    Henk van Velden

I have had this problem at least a couple of months. It is always there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast