Thread: CPU frequency never downscaled even if laptop is fully idle with no user programs running

Default CPU frequency never downscaled even if laptop is fully idle with no user programs running

I have a Lenovo X1 carbon Gen9 laptop with Intel i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz. The system is Tumbleweed. If I just boot up the system and leave it alone, the frequency of the CPU never drops below the base 2.4GHz for any of the cores. This way the battery only last for about 4 hours, while it should be much more. The power consumption according to powerstat is around 14W, which is very high for an idle system.

What can be the problem?

Default Re: CPU frequency never downscaled even if laptop is fully idle with no user programs running

I still have this issue with latest updates applied. Normally the battery should last for 10+ hours, but with opensuse I can only achieve 3-4 hours without using any CPU intensive programs.

Default Re: CPU frequency never downscaled even if laptop is fully idle with no user programs running

Thanks, I am checking the possibilities.