Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: scanvirus v1.01 stable release - kde scanvirus-gui v1.00 stable release

Default Re: scanvirus v1.01 stable release - kde scanvirus-gui v1.00 stable release

Opps, I left a stray 'w' on a blank line in the scanvirus script. Either, wait for another release or just find it yourself and remove.

Default Re: scanvirus v1.01 stable release - kde scanvirus-gui v1.00 stable release

Web email isn't supported by the '-sv' function'. Send to root user account isn't working. Any other user account will work.

I'm doing research on both problems. One idea, I might add a function to add multi-email send for '-sv'. For now, I need to fix the root local send mail. You can still just send virusvault to the root folder.

I've been searching the web for "can't send mail to root user". I've not been able to find a solution yet, only to redirect mail sent to root user.

Fixing the '-sv' function, don't send virus mail to root. Use the send folder to root.

Working on it...

I figured out a workaround for the root mail issue. The mail command won't work, but I can simulate a mail to root.

Sending a local to anyone but root user will work using the mail command.

Sending email to root:
    compress and transfer 'VirusVault' to root folder
    create text mail file in root folder with email info:
    file: 'system_mail_8-21-22_h10m11s7'
    from
    to
    subject
    body

All the email info and file is available to put together. In a few weeks or sooner, I'll post a scanvirus file + checksum.

Mixing the standard mail systems (mail command, etc) with non-standard created systems will make scanvirus more complex then it needs to be.

So, I'm going to drop standard mail for local only design. Make it simple to find any important scanvirus mail for local admins. If you need to, you can send the zip file as an attachment to regular internet email.

username_folder/scanvirus_mail
    scanvirus_mail_9-4-22_04-03pm.zip

scanvirus mail format:
    mail_body.txt
    attached file1
    attached file2
    attached file3

mail_body.txt:
    sent from: user_folder_name
    #1: uses existing files from virus_vault(headers, body text)
    #2: uses sender folder local files(headers, body text).

I'll test if this design works...

Also, do this to track the progress of the design and work out the flaws.

username1/scanvirus_mail/

sent_from_username2_9-9-22_09-04am/
    virus_vault [copy]
    mail.txt
    subject&body: [virus vault text files]

using folders for mail vs using zip files? Any virus mails are standard, no need individual user files.

All the major designs and code are finished. I just have some minor design issues to work out.

The mail from, to, and subject are set.You can edit the scanvirus mail body. First, it will look in the sending users folder for 'scanvirus_mail_body.txt'. If not found, it will default to the 'VirusVault' folder's file.

Code:
    send folder virus vault 
        p1: -sv or --sendfoldervirusvault 
        p2: l        list users                      (group1) 
        p2: u or m   user or mail                    (group2) 
        p3:          set folder permissions to user number and send to username/scanvirus_mail

Mail function is listed, but will not work.

A beta should be ready soon.

The redesigned '-sv' function now works as it should, but I may have found some security issues in permissions of scanvirus.

For those paying attention...

This upgrades the -sv command. It now will send to any local user on the system, including root user. Setting permissions and ownership properly.

I've fixed some security issues with folder ownership and permissions. It will auto-fix on startup.

The webmail function is still in development.

fixes the design flaws of the '-sv' command.
    security patch
    highly recommended to overwrite the old file now

https://paste.opensuse.org/82607534

Code:
    # sha512sum scanvirus
    68e9eca96a19ce81e9303e35ae077e907be518baff457b5f5dddcd257062b37c99a4b2006d0fbb0c67911b18b679d08f60036949f2cad5143a531299da13779c  scanvirus

Using the '-sv' compression command, It will give you two a level compressed file. You don't need coding experience to fix this. So, no file to download for now. I'll upload it soon, if you want to wait. Here's a quick fix:

/usr/bin/scanvirus

Find
    Code:
                   #compress VirusFound folder
                   if [[ "$Parm_Options" == *'z'* ]]; then
                        tar -czf "/var/log/VirusVault/VirusFound_${Current_Date}.zip" -C "/var/log/VirusVault" "VirusFound_${Current_Date}" --remove-files
                        #set user permissions
                        chown "${User_Name}:${User_Groupname}" "/var/log/VirusVault/VirusFound_${Current_Date}.zip"
                        printf "Compress folder --> VirusFound.zip\n"

mv "/var/log/VirusVault/VirusFound_${Current_Date}.zip" "$User_Folder/scanvirus_mail"
    Change
    Code:
                   #compress VirusFound folder
                   if [[ "$Parm_Options" == *'c'* ]]; then
                        tar -caf "/var/log/VirusVault/VirusFound_${Current_Date}.tar.gz" -C "/var/log/VirusVault" "VirusFound_${Current_Date}" --remove-files
                        #set user permissions
                        chown "${User_Name}:${User_Groupname}" "/var/log/VirusVault/VirusFound_${Current_Date}.tar.gz"
                        printf "Compress folder --> VirusFound.tar.gz\n"

mv "/var/log/VirusVault/VirusFound_${Current_Date}.tar.gz" "$User_Folder/scanvirus_mail"

Update the help menu:

Code:
    send folder virus vault
        p3:          set folder permissions to user number
        p4:          web mail adress
        (web email offline)
    Code:
    send folder virus vault
        p2: c        compress folder                 (group2)
        p3:          set folder permissions to user number
        p4:          web mail adress
        (web email offline)

Code:
    #: Last Edit   : Tue  Sep 27   10:40:00 PST 2022
    Code:
    printf "Build #2022.09.27.10.40\n"

If you did it correctly:

Code:
    sha512sum scanvirus
    4d7b2c0a09bb21d011ed39b234ced69d1b023b027f59faa001702b8e14345f7001a79e7df7a8c8476328e84f49524ad72b0a578eb7647874e1b420619a2f0586  scanvirus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast