Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sending email to web mail or local admin

Default Re: sending email to web mail or local admin

Note, I sent to both yahoo and protonmail with the same effect. The problem is local to my system.

If no one else can help, this issue is closed.

Thanks for the help to all. At least I can send local mail with attachments.

FYI...

16 Command Examples to Send Email From The Linux Command Line

https://blog.edmdesigner.com/send-em...-command-line/

Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    Note, I sent to both yahoo and protonmail with the same effect. The problem is local to my system. If no one else can help, this issue is closed. Thanks for the help to all. At least I can send local mail with attachments.
    Postfix is eager to transport your mail. Configuration problems are hard to overcome with tinkering by trial and error. What worked on host erlangen out of the box: yast2 mail. Give it a try and report back here.
    i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), 5600X (2022) openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma

Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    Postfix is eager to transport your mail. Configuration problems are hard to overcome with tinkering by trial and error. What worked on host erlangen out of the box: yast2 mail. Give it a try and report back here.
    You mean app or server? Isn't their a standard protocall to send mail to any server?

duckduckgo search: linux postfix troubleshooting

(continued)

Hmm....

duckduckgo search: linux postfix troubleshooting timeout

https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...tion-timed-out

hmm... I have to open a firewall port and send the mail then close the firewall port

Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    You mean app or server? Isn't there a standard protocol to send mail to any server?
    Try: "yast2 mail" > General settings: permanent > Next: outgoing mail. Enter "Outgoing mail server", check "TLS encryption: enforce" > Next: "Authentication". Enter credentials and finish. Done. That's all I know.
    i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), 5600X (2022) openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123