Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No sound on brand new Lenovo Thinkpad T15 Gen2

Default Re: No sound on brand new Lenovo Thinkpad T15 Gen2

I double checked it and you're right that the volume is 0%, however I don't think it has any input device actually set because yast doesn't show any available: https://ibb.co/YjfFQVB

Notice that the input device field has nothing set and is disabled.

Blog Entries

Can you set the profile via pavucontrol? Then check input settings.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

Microphone may not work with legacy driver.
    Create bug report if you cannot use new driver with parameters from https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/late...io/models.html.

I'm following up on this for posterity. I *was* able to solve the audio output issue but I unfortunately had to give up on troubleshooting the microphone before we figured out the problem. Two suggestions were made at the end of this thread, prior to this message, that I could have tried but didn't. My company insisted I instead install Fedora and that's what I had to do. Thank you so much for all the help, it's possible anyone reading this with the same issues will benefit from the posts in this thread and can pick up where I left off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fenreer View Post
    I'm following up on this for posterity. I *was* able to solve the audio output issue but I unfortunately had to give up on troubleshooting the microphone before we figured out the problem. Two suggestions were made at the end of this thread, prior to this message, that I could have tried but didn't. My company insisted I instead install Fedora and that's what I had to do. Thank you so much for all the help, it's possible anyone reading this with the same issues will benefit from the posts in this thread and can pick up where I left off.
    Ok, thanks for the update.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12