Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,515

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    Quote Originally Posted by gariac View Post
    In my other post I included a complication of the latest gnuradio. [...] It still didn't compile.
    What still do not know what compiler is used to compile it.

  2. #32

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    Use update alternatives method that was suggested earlier to make gcc10 or 11 your default. See https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/gc...e-alternatives.

    Or, heavy handed, uninstall gcc7, 10 should then become your default.

    Whichever approach, aftwerwards confirm gcc points to gcc-10/11 (e.g. gcc --version) before compiling.

  3. #33

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    What still do not know what compiler is used to compile it.
    Apologies. I tried 7,10, and 11. None Compiled.

    I noticed https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433 which all though the instructions don't show it it set up to use cmake, it has all the necessary files. It compiled fine under gcc-7,10 and 11 and I am running the version under gcc-11 at the moment. (Apparently I have a few weather stations nearby.)

    So lets summarize this. I was missing a file for gcc-11. Otherwise the compilers are fine and at least one case of cmake worked fine. So gnuradio is using some element of cmake that may not be working on 15.3. I will ask the gnuradio list to help me use git to get some older releases.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,515

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    Quote Originally Posted by gariac View Post
    I tried 7,10, and 11. None Compiled.
    How exactly you "tried" it? If your application actually used GCC 10 or 11, you would not get these errors. So apparently although you think you are using GCC 10 or 11 in reality you are using default compiler which is GCC 7. But as you continue to be silent about what you did, it is impossible to guess what could go wrong.

  5. #35

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    How exactly you "tried" it? If your application actually used GCC 10 or 11, you would not get these errors. So apparently although you think you are using GCC 10 or 11 in reality you are using default compiler which is GCC 7. But as you continue to be silent about what you did, it is impossible to guess what could go wrong.

    I am using the flag for cmake to set the gcc compiler. That flag works fine.
    Code:
    cmake -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc-11  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3 ../
    Using the instructions from
    https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/...GR#From_Source I have built and tested the 3.9 maintenance release on opensue15.3 using gcc-11.
    Code:
    building release 3.9.0.0
    100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 252
    Total Test time (real) = 149.09 sec
    Using the 3.10 release it has the namespace error. I will take this up with the gnuradio forum and report back. I gather they are using debian based linux.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,515

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    Quote Originally Posted by gariac View Post
    I am using the flag for cmake to set the gcc compiler. That flag works fine.
    Code:
    cmake -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc-11  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3 ../
    OK, thank you for sharing. If anything, this may help someone else in similar situation.

  7. #37

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    Code:
    cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-11 -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc-11 -DENABLE_GR_SOAPY=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3 ../
    The addition of -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-11 got rid of the namespace error.

    I'm working on some dependencies that cropped up once I added -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-11

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    FYI,
    As a challenge, I tried to compile gnuradio on leap 15.3 That was unsuccessful even with gcc version changes.

    I tried on an updated to current level tumbleweed in a vm. That was successful. It was done with no tinkering with the gcc version settings. There are however many hidden dependencies that needed to be installed for cmake to finish configutation. Took many hours but worked. You need to dedicate some time to it but can get it done.

    In the meantime, I went back and installed package management version of gnu radio onto leap 15.3 . It opens up the gui ok.

    tom kosvic

  9. #39

    Default Re: cmake or gcc issue; filesystem not found

    Quote Originally Posted by tckosvic View Post
    FYI,
    As a challenge, I tried to compile gnuradio on leap 15.3 That was unsuccessful even with gcc version changes.

    I tried on an updated to current level tumbleweed in a vm. That was successful. It was done with no tinkering with the gcc version settings. There are however many hidden dependencies that needed to be installed for cmake to finish configutation. Took many hours but worked. You need to dedicate some time to it but can get it done.

    In the meantime, I went back and installed package management version of gnu radio onto leap 15.3 . It opens up the gui ok.

    tom kosvic
    I built gnuradio 3.9 on 15.3. I am pretty sure I have the dependencies though some show up in red on yast meaning there is no appropriate version for 15.3. Trust me I have spent hours.

    For some reason it doesn't find numpy when building 3.10, but does for 3.9.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •