Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon mf237w, scanner not recognized

Blog Entries

Default Re: Canon mf237w, scanner not recognized

Quote Originally Posted by Xhertan View Post
    Hi,

I have the same issue with MF445dw laser printer/scanner. Sometimes the printer is recognized but never the scanner even with firewall in OFF. When the printer is recognized, it works fine, but it is lost at every reboot and not a way to recognize it again. Yes, I checked the firewall, and it is OFF. The only form to use the scanner is to configure it by hand with its IP. I tried others distros (fedora & Ubuntu) and they recognized the printer and the scanner without any manual IP setting. Is it something that is missing in my opensuse to detect the network devices automatically?

thanks,
    I don't own such hardware, so not clear about what fails without some wireshark analysis. Ultimately the sane driver is responsible for the discovery, and I think configuring the pixma.conf is a reasonable workaround. BTW, many modern network scanner devices support the use of sane-airscan, so that may be worth trying too.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/SANE#Network_scanning
    Code:
    man sane-airscan
    *However not sure which version of SANE is required to provide the relevant backend. I'm running openSUSE Leap 15.3 where it is not yet available.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    I don't own such hardware, so not clear about what fails without some wireshark analysis. Ultimately the sane driver is responsible for the discovery, and I think configuring the pixma.conf is a reasonable workaround. BTW, many modern network scanner devices support the use of sane-airscan, so that may be worth trying too.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/SANE#Network_scanning
    Code:
    man sane-airscan
    *However not sure which version of SANE is required to provide the relevant backend. I'm running openSUSE Leap 15.3 where it is not yet available.
    I can confirm that sane-airscan solved the issue to detect the scanner. Now my scanner is detected without manual IP setting on Tumbleweed. The problem detecting the printer still persist. Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Xhertan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xhertan View Post
    I can confirm that sane-airscan solved the issue to detect the scanner. Now my scanner is detected without manual IP setting on Tumbleweed. The problem detecting the printer still persist. Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Xhertan
    It should also be capable of driverless printing.

Run the following commands and report back with the output…
    Code:
    driverless
    Code:
    sudo lpinfo -v
    Useful reference:
    https://wiki.debian.org/CUPSDriverlessPrinting
    Last edited by deano_ferrari; 20-Jan-2022 at 03:20.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123