Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Video's Don't Play After Upgrade to 15.3

Default Facebook Video's Don't Play After Upgrade to 15.3

Hi, I just upgraded from 15.2 to 15.3, and now I can't play any video's on Facebook or listen to music on XMRadio in Firefox. I think I remember having to install libavcodec56, libavdevice56 and libavformats56, but they don't seem to be available on either the standard repos or in the Packman repos. I tried using the debug console in Firefox to see if I could find the missing libs but with no success. What am I missing?

Default Re: Facebook Video's Don't Play After Upgrade to 15.3

Upgrade.
    Use libavcodec57 and/or libavcodec58, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Svyatko View Post
    Upgrade.
    Use libavcodec57 and/or libavcodec58, etc.
    They are already installed which is what confuses me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dekernel2 View Post
    They are already installed which is what confuses me.
    Does the browser play any audio successfully? When you attempt to play media content, does the stream show up in 'pavucontrol'?

Is it firefox-specific? ie it works if you try another browser?
    openSUSE Leap 15.4; KDE Plasma 5

I think I remember having to install libavcodec56, libavdevice56 and libavformats56,
    Please take a look at the “Firefox MP4/H.264 Video Support” SDB: <https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Firefox_..._Video_Support>.
    • You need the libavcodec, ibavformat and libavdevice packages (57 and 58_134/13/76 – the numbers change occassionally) from either the Packman Essentials repository or, the VLC repository.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Does the browser play any audio successfully? When you attempt to play media content, does the stream show up in 'pavucontrol'?

Is it firefox-specific? ie it works if you try another browser?
    I can play YouTube video's with Firefox. Plus Chrome is able to play the XMRadio plus the Facebook video's.
    It would appear that the issue was me performing the upgrade late and not following the directions completely when adding the Packman Essential repo's. Thank You for your time though.

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    Please take a look at the “Firefox MP4/H.264 Video Support” SDB: <https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Firefox_..._Video_Support>.
    • You need the libavcodec, ibavformat and libavdevice packages (57 and 58_134/13/76 – the numbers change occassionally) from either the Packman Essentials repository or, the VLC repository.
    The issue appears to be I forgot the final step of the process when adding the Packman repo's. My only excuse was it was late after a long day. Thank You for your time and help though.

Cool Re: Facebook Video's Don't Play After Upgrade to 15.3

My only excuse was it was late after a long day.
    Thanks for the thank you –
    Yes, long days – including overshooting the maximum of 10 hours on site – Been there; done that …
    Even worse – day shift and then on call either for the evening shift or, the night shift – telephone pager going off at 2 o'clock in the morning; try to remember to pull on some clothes, jump into the car, drive to the customer's site, relieve a bleary-eyed colleague who had been working the issue since 7 o'clock in the evening …

Blog Entries

I can play YouTube video's with Firefox. Plus Chrome is able to play the XMRadio plus the Facebook video's.
    It would appear that the issue was me performing the upgrade late and not following the directions completely when adding the Packman Essential repo's. Thank You for your time though.
    All good. Glad to read it is now resolved.
    openSUSE Leap 15.4; KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    Thanks for the thank you –
    Yes, long days – including overshooting the maximum of 10 hours on site – Been there; done that …
    Even worse – day shift and then on call either for the evening shift or, the night shift – telephone pager going off at 2 o'clock in the morning; try to remember to pull on some clothes, jump into the car, drive to the customer's site, relieve a bleary-eyed colleague who had been working the issue since 7 o'clock in the evening …
    Been there, done that, as well! I wonder if there are more of us? Would one say that more than 10 of us is a brotherhood? LOL
    "The time is always right to do what's right." Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    openSUSE 15.3 5.3.18-59.40-default x86_64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast