Thread: Change download default location on chromium based browser

Default Change download default location on chromium based browser

I am not able to change the default download location on Brave, Vivald or even Chromium. It simply opens a dolphin window, but I can't select a folder. Do you have an idea of what can be done?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Change download default location on chromium based browser

On "chromium" I went to "Settings". And there, I clicked on "Advanced". And there was an entry for "Downloads" and a place where I could change the default and a switch where I could tell it to ask every time.

I'll admit that I did not test making those changes -- mainly because I usually use "firefox" for browsing.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    On "chromium" I went to "Settings". And there, I clicked on "Advanced". And there was an entry for "Downloads" and a place where I could change the default and a switch where I could tell it to ask every time.

I'll admit that I did not test making those changes -- mainly because I usually use "firefox" for browsing.
    Did you try changing it? When I click to change it opens a dolphin window that doesn't let me select a folder... I am using KDE PLASMA btw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daniellga View Post
    Did you try changing it? When I click to change it opens a dolphin window that doesn't let me select a folder... I am using KDE PLASMA btw
    Okay, I just tried that. It allows me to select a file, but not a folder. That seems broken.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

If someone knows a workaround for this problem, feel free to share.

I do not know if this is of any use to you (I do not use Chrome, thus a shot in the dark), but in KDE > System Settings there is Applications > Locations (I do have a translation here and hope my "translation back into English" is correct).
    There I see Dowloads path.
    Henk van Velden