Thread: arrange virtual desktops horizontally instead of vertically?

Question arrange virtual desktops horizontally instead of vertically?

Apologies for the very basic question but I am looking for how to change my virtual desktops being arranged vertically to horizontally on Tumbleweed KDE. I presume this is a very easy setting somewhere in KDE but when searching I only found post on keyboard shortcuts how to switch between the virtual desktops. Coming from Kubuntu where horizontal layout was default.

Blog Entries

Default Re: arrange virtual desktops horizontally instead of vertically?

At the moment, I'm using Leap 15.3, because it isn't worth bothering to boot up Tumbleweed to answer this question.

Systems Settings --> Workspace Behavior

Click on "Virtual Desktops". There should be a place where you can set the number of rows. If you set that to 1 row, you will have horizontal desktops.

Personally, I am using 6 desktops with 2 rows. So I have horizontal (to width 3) and vertical (to height 2).
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

Default Re: arrange virtual desktops horizontally instead of vertically?

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    At the moment, I'm using Leap 15.3, because it isn't worth bothering to boot up Tumbleweed to answer this question.

Personally, I am using 6 desktops with 2 rows. So I have horizontal (to width 3) and vertical (to height 2).
    I looked at this and wondered what would happen to the Desktop Cube if there were more than 4 screens. After all, a cube has only four sides. So, I tried it! It works! Looks a little weird but it works. I just love eye candy! Makes the Windows users feel inferior! :-)

Bart