Thread: linuxrc proxy

Question linuxrc proxy

Hi,

Im building a standardized image with packer for my SLES deployment (sorry, official forums are readonly and migrating somewhere else, I hope thats ok) and I have a small issue with linuxrc. My autoyast.xml file is on a internal webserver and repositories are accessed via internet. Afaik there is no "no_proxy" option for linuxrc, if I put no proxy to the linuxrc options I can read my autoyast.xml (which contains alot of proxy configuration, pre-scripts setting proxy in sysconfig, bashrc etc, <sysconfig_entry>'s for proxy and the <proxy>) but then the installer dies trying to connect to scc.suse.com, if I use the proxy I cant reach my internal webserver for my autoyast.xml. For testing purposes, I put my autoyast.xml on a external webserver and add the proxy to linuxrc - all fine, but thats not the scenario Im looking for. I have other alternatives, like providing the file via another way, but ultimativly Im annoyed that I can configure a proxy for linuxrc but no no_proxy or am I missing something?

Cheers
    D

Blog Entries

Default Re: linuxrc proxy

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Hi,

Im building a standardized image with packer for my SLES deployment (sorry, official forums are readonly and migrating somewhere else, I hope thats ok) and I have a small issue with linuxrc. My autoyast.xml file is on a internal webserver and repositories are accessed via internet. Afaik there is no "no_proxy" option for linuxrc, if I put no proxy to the linuxrc options I can read my autoyast.xml (which contains alot of proxy configuration, pre-scripts setting proxy in sysconfig, bashrc etc, <sysconfig_entry>'s for proxy and the <proxy>) but then the installer dies trying to connect to scc.suse.com, if I use the proxy I cant reach my internal webserver for my autoyast.xml. For testing purposes, I put my autoyast.xml on a external webserver and add the proxy to linuxrc - all fine, but thats not the scenario Im looking for. I have other alternatives, like providing the file via another way, but ultimativly Im annoyed that I can configure a proxy for linuxrc but no no_proxy or am I missing something?

Cheers
    D
    Hi and welcome to the Forums
    Yes, the new SUSE and Rancher Community is the place to be over at https://community.suse.com/ (Specifically https://community.suse.com/topics/3776090) suggest you head there to ask as well
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!