Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtualization and Windows 11 - Info so far .

Default Re: Virtualization and Windows 11 - Info so far .

Quote Originally Posted by larryr View Post
    Windows 11 will not run without major hacking in a Virtual Machine.
    I have got windows 11 home version working on virtualbox since the original leaked build. I had problems with virtualization of windows 11 PRO version

Was I lucky or is it supposed to be that way ( I installed win11 home twice , once for the leaked build and once for the stable release this october and it was fine)

Cheers!
    Quess

Quote Originally Posted by quessadillaV2 View Post
    I have got windows 11 home version working on virtualbox since the original leaked build. I had problems with virtualization of windows 11 PRO version

Was I lucky or is it supposed to be that way ( I installed win11 home twice , once for the leaked build and once for the stable release this october and it was fine)

Cheers!
    Quess
    Think that is how it’s meant to be. As I said in my post it insists on UEFI but not secure boot in my experience when running as a VM.

I have the MS insider builds (Think that’s Pro) and no issues. What did you find as problems?

A quick PS. I believe the leaked version would install with legacy boot and had very few, if any, restrictions.

The pre-release did allow BIOS as well as UEFI. You cannot upgrade it to Oct 5 - a full reinstall is required.
    The Oct 5 does not.
    OpenSUSE 15.4 with VirtualBox VM's (XP, 10, 11, Ubuntu MATE 22.04, Manjaro, 15.4, Tumbleweed)
    Pi4 with OpenSUSE 15.4
    Unix since 1974 (pdp-11, Interdata, AT&T, Tandy, Convergent, Sun, IBM, NCR, and HP)
    Linux since 1995 (Mandrake, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12