Thread: FLDIGI application won't start. It used to work. How to troubleshoot?

Default FLDIGI application won't start. It used to work. How to troubleshoot?

I've been using FLDIGI on OpenSUSE, but it will no longer start. FLDIGI is a program for sending digital messages over ham radio. When I start FLDIGI, it appears briefly on the KDE taskbar, but it quickly disappears and I do not get any errors. I believe the problem began when I applied updates to OpenSUSE Leap 15.2. I tried reinstalling FLDIGI, but it didn't resolve the issue. Rather than continue to troubleshoot Leap 15.2, I performed an upgrade to Leap 15.3. I tried reinstalling FLDIGI on 15.3 from the Leap 15.3 repository, but the problem reappeared. It looks like the problem followed me through the upgrade to Leap 15.3. How can I troubleshoot what is causing this program not to launch?

Default Re: FLDIGI application won't start. It used to work. How to troubleshoot?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTX View Post
    I've been using FLDIGI on OpenSUSE, but it will no longer start. FLDIGI is a program for sending digital messages over ham radio. When I start FLDIGI, it appears briefly on the KDE taskbar, but it quickly disappears and I do not get any errors. I believe the problem began when I applied updates to OpenSUSE Leap 15.2. I tried reinstalling FLDIGI, but it didn't resolve the issue. Rather than continue to troubleshoot Leap 15.2, I performed an upgrade to Leap 15.3. I tried reinstalling FLDIGI on 15.3 from the Leap 15.3 repository, but the problem reappeared. It looks like the problem followed me through the upgrade to Leap 15.3. How can I troubleshoot what is causing this program not to launch?
    Start it on command line to get error messages

May also try a a different user since it may be a config problem

Default Re: FLDIGI application won't start. It used to work. How to troubleshoot?

I started FLDIGI from the command line and it actually brought up the configuration wizard. I can now start it through the application menu, too. Strange, but starting it from the command line one time seems to have solved the problem.