Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: error Failed to start scanner: invalid argument

Default error Failed to start scanner: invalid argument

on my desktop PC running leap 15.3 with KDE using my USB scanner EPSON perfection V300 PHOTO with Xsane result this error; when I start xsane the scanner noiing move and react, but when I click on preview or scan pop up this error, I tried also to disconnect USB and alimentation but the error remain.
    How can I use my scanner that in Leap 15.2 was working fine?

Default AW: error Failed to start scanner: invalid argument

Please show:
    Code:
    zypper se -si iscan epson

Default Re: AW: error Failed to start scanner: invalid argument

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    Please show:
    Code:
    zypper se -si iscan epson
    here is:
    Code:
    procuste@server3TW:~> zypper se -si iscan epson
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

S  | Name                 | Type    | Version          | Arch   | Repository
    ---+----------------------+---------+------------------+--------+-------------------------
    i+ | iscan                | package | 2.30.4-pm153.5.3 | x86_64 | packman direct gwdg
    i+ | iscan-data           | package | 1.39.1-pm153.5.3 | noarch | packman direct gwdg
    i+ | iscan-firmware       | package | 2.30.4-pm153.2.3 | noarch | packman direct gwdg
    i+ | iscan-plugin         | package | 2.30.4-pm153.2.3 | x86_64 | packman direct gwdg
    i+ | iscan-plugin-gt-f670 | package | 2.1.2-1          | x86_64 | agg-driver-scanner-epson
    i+ | iscan-plugin-gt-s600 | package | 2.1.2-1          | x86_64 | agg-driver-scanner-epson

For an extended search including not yet activated remote resources you may run 'zypper
    search-packages' at any time.
    Do you want to run 'zypper search-packages' now? [yes/no/always/never] (no): ^Cprocuste@server3TW:~> no
    If 'no' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
        cnf no
    procuste@server3TW:~> 

Why these:
    Code:
    i+ | iscan-plugin-gt-f670 | package | 2.1.2-1          | x86_64 | agg-driver-scanner-epson
    i+ | iscan-plugin-gt-s600 | package | 2.1.2-1          | x86_64 | agg-driver-scanner-epson

Why these:
    Code:
    I don't know, may be I had that scanner too attached, have I to uninstall?

Why these:
    Code:
    they comes from my repository on the disc, may be they are there downloaded from epson when the scanner was unsupported

Blog Entries

Default Re: error Failed to start scanner: invalid argument

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    on my desktop PC running leap 15.3 with KDE using my USB scanner EPSON perfection V300 PHOTO with Xsane result this error; when I start xsane the scanner noiing move and react, but when I click on preview or scan pop up this error, I tried also to disconnect USB and alimentation but the error remain.
    How can I use my scanner that in Leap 15.2 was working fine?
    Does removing ~/.sane/xsane/ help?
    Code:
    rm -rf ~/.sane/xsane/
    *It will be regenerated the next time xsane is started.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

Default Re: error Failed to start scanner: invalid argument

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Does removing ~/.sane/xsane/ help?
    Code:
    rm -rf ~/.sane/xsane/
    *It will be regenerated the next time xsane is started.
    no, it doesn't, the error remain

Why these:
    Code:
    from yast description:

iscan-plugin-gt-f670 - Image Scan! plugin for the Epson GT-F670 / Epson Perfection V200 PHOTO
    This package adds support for the Epson GT-F670 and Epson Perfection V200 PHOTO to Image Scan!

iscan-plugin-gt-s600 - Image Scan! plugin for the Epson GT-S600 / Epson GT-F650 / Epson Perfection V10 / Epson Perfection V100 PHOTO
    This package adds support for the Epson GT-S600, Epson GT-F650, Epson Perfection V10 and Epson Perfection V100 PHOTO to Image Scan!

my scanner is V300 PHOTO, my son's scanner is V100 or V200 I don't remember, they are there to support that scanner

Both plugins are inside:
    Code:
    i+ | iscan-plugin         | package | 2.30.4-pm153.2.3 | x86_64 | packman direct gwdg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast