Thread: How to change default screenshot application

Default How to change default screenshot application

Open Suse Tumbleweed - KDE plasma

Just recently shifted from XFCE to KDE. I preferred the XFCE PrntScr ( print screen) application to take screenshot compared to the KDE one which has too many features to my liking and is klunky to use . I installed the XFCE screenshotter using zypper/yast but im not able to figure out how to map it to the print screen key. All tutorials on the internet are for ubuntu only

Regards,
    quessadillaV2

Default Re: How to change default screenshot application

Quote Originally Posted by quessadillaV2 View Post
    ... Just recently shifted from XFCE to KDE. I preferred the XFCE PrntScr ( print screen) application to take screenshot compared to the KDE one which has too many features to my liking and is klunky to use . I installed the XFCE screenshotter using zypper/yast but im not able to figure out how to map it to the print screen key.
    In systemsettings (or systemsettings5 if you use the command line) go to the section shortcuts remove spectacle, add your preferred tool and assign the shortcut keys you want.

Strictly speaking you have not to remove spectacle but you have to make sure that spectacle and the tool of your choice are using different shotcut keys.

Regards

susejunky

Default Re: How to change default screenshot application

thanks

it worked