Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mwin10 lost admin password - microsoft human support is offical gone!

Default mwin10 lost admin password - microsoft human support is offical gone!

I'm helping someone get access to there mswin10 system.

Searching for tech support for mswin10 results in two things out of date articles or not your specific type problem on your specific system. Microsoft human tech support is officially gone. Robot 'Chat' clients are worthless garbage. I will NOT give out my email to microsoft, spam risk. I will NEVER buy anymore MS products ever again! Live phone tech support is a required and very basic service for mswin. If needed, I'll just use WINE to get my mswin apps.

I need a bootable cd/dvd that can crack their password or change the password. I need be sure it's trusted application.

Thanks.

Default Re: mwin10 lost admin password - microsoft human support is offical gone!

No security questions, local account, no ms account. Only username and password.

Blog Entries

Default Re: mwin10 lost admin password - microsoft human support is offical gone!

Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    I'm helping someone get access to there mswin10 system.

Searching for tech support for mswin10 results in two things out of date articles or not your specific type problem on your specific system. Microsoft human tech support is officially gone. Robot 'Chat' clients are worthless garbage. I will NOT give out my email to microsoft, spam risk. I will NEVER buy anymore MS products ever again! Live phone tech support is a required and very basic service for mswin. If needed, I'll just use WINE to get my mswin apps.

I need a bootable cd/dvd that can crack their password or change the password. I need be sure it's trusted application.

Thanks.
    Hi
    If you can mount the drive then chntpw is the tool... mount the ntfs partition cd to Windows/System32/Config and use the -l option to list users, -u <user> to clear password etc;

For example;
    Code:
    chntpw -l SAM
    chntpw -u Administrator SAM
    Download a Tumbleweed Rescue USB, boot from that and install chntpw...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

How do I install tumbleweed to a flash drive? Rescue version?

Blog Entries

How do I install tumbleweed to a flash drive? Rescue version?
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Tum..._compatibles_2
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

Have you tried booting to Hiren's Live Boot CD for Windows10 ?

Maybe that can help you

Quote Originally Posted by quessadillaV2 View Post
    Have you tried booting to Hiren's Live Boot CD for Windows10 ?

Maybe that can help you
    I'v seen posts on the web about it. Do have trusted link?

Also, can I use opensuse 15.3 installer dvd - rescue mode to install the software?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    If you can mount the drive then chntpw is the tool... mount the ntfs partition cd to Windows/System32/Config and use the -l option to list users, -u <user> to clear password etc;

For example;
    Code:
    chntpw -l SAM
    chntpw -u Administrator SAM
    Download a Tumbleweed Rescue USB, boot from that and install chntpw...
    On this test system, the laptop came with a 512 gig with windows installed. I added a 1tb drive and installed 'opensuse 15.3'. I don't use that windows system, but it's in the boot menu.

After installing imagewriter, I was able to install rescue cd to a flash drive and reboot successfully to the desktop environment. Using yast, I installed chntpw. Windows was already mounted. Note: it's 'windows/windows/' if you use the GUI.

Opening terminal mode, I entered 'cd windows/Windows/System32/Config'.

chntpw -l

Gives an error. I can't get a user listing. Also, I think they only have one usb port available.

I'v seen posts on the web about it. Do have trusted link?

Also, can I use opensuse 15.3 installer dvd - rescue mode to install the software?

https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

It is a live ISO file , not a software

Blog Entries

On this test system, the laptop came with a 512 gig with windows installed. I added a 1tb drive and installed 'opensuse 15.3'. I don't use that windows system, but it's in the boot menu.

After installing imagewriter, I was able to install rescue cd to a flash drive and reboot successfully to the desktop environment. Using yast, I installed chntpw. Windows was already mounted. Note: it's 'windows/windows/' if you use the GUI.

Opening terminal mode, I entered 'cd windows/Windows/System32/Config'.

chntpw -l

Gives an error. I can't get a user listing. Also, I think they only have one usb port available.
    Hi
    you need to add the word 'sam' see the example
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast