Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

  1. #31

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Code:
    ssh <user>@<host>
    Enter the credentials when prompted.
    I wish it were that easy!

    Code:
    Permission denied (publickey,password).

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,333
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Quote Originally Posted by hnimmo View Post
    I wish it were that easy!

    Code:
    Permission denied (publickey,password).
    Than you don't have the necessary credentials.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,333
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Not sure what you're trying to achieve, but one of many tutorials...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCCIMRbAUp8
    Google "ssh synology"
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

  4. #34

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to achieve, but one of many tutorials...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCCIMRbAUp8
    Google "ssh synology"
    Great, super tip. I had to change the ssh port number from the synology standard, then it worked. Can now log in but only as admin for some reason.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Now to answer an earlier question...
    Code:
    uname -a
    Linux DiskStation 3.2.40 #25556 Thu Jul 1 14:30:20 CST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux synology_armada370_213j
    Code:
    df -T
    Filesystem     Type      1K-blocks      Used  Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root      ext4        2451064   1156216    1192448  50% /
    none           devtmpfs     250720         0     250720   0% /dev
    /tmp           tmpfs        254896      2100     252796   1% /tmp
    /run           tmpfs        254896      2624     252272   2% /run
    /dev/shm       tmpfs        254896         4     254892   1% /dev/shm
    /dev/vg1000/lv ext4     1918200920 689637968 1228460552  36% /volume1
    /dev/sdq1      ext4      480718960 171732320  308884240  36% /volumeUSB1/usbshare

  6. #36

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Now I wonder if the reason for the rejection of the files/folders during rsync was due to the syntax of destination folder
    Code:
    /run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=192.168.178.19,share=home/linux-lueh
    Is the "smb-share" the culprit?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,333
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Quote Originally Posted by hnimmo View Post
    Now I wonder if the reason for the rejection of the files/folders during rsync was due to the syntax of destination folder
    Code:
    /run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=192.168.178.19,share=home/linux-lueh
    Is the "smb-share" the culprit?
    I would say so.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

  8. #38

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    I would say so.
    What syntax should I use?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,333
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Quote Originally Posted by hnimmo View Post
    What syntax should I use?
    The target should look more like
    Code:
    <user>@<host>/path/to/backup/directory
    Refer back to the guides in post #13

    Writing this from my iPhone so minimal advice for now.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

  10. #40

    Default Re: Using Wine for NAS synchronisation

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    The target should look more like
    Code:
    <user>@<host>/path/to/backup/directory
    Refer back to the guides in post #13

    Writing this from my iPhone so minimal advice for now.
    rsync simulation fails with:
    Code:
    ** Launching RSYNC command (simulation mode):
    rsync -r -n -t -g -v --progress -s /home/harvey/CloudStation harvey@192.168.178.19:/home/harvey/linux-lueh
    
    sending incremental file list
    ERROR: module is read only
    rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1131) [Receiver=3.0.9]
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (112 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(235) [sender=3.1.3]
    Rsync process exit status: 12
    Any tips?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •