Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

  1. #1

    Question How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    I have Tumbleweed 20210720 now in two machines. After that upgrade in one of them Konsole now has a toolbar, but another one does not. How to remove toolbar I don't need? For example in https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=170988 it says that there should be Settings -> Toolbars shown configuration option. In these two machines there is no such option in Konsole even after unlocking toolbars from mouse right-click menu.

    I noticed I can drag toolbars off from konsole window elsewhere on desktop. However I still cannot close them or customize functions they contain. Another annoying thing in that case is that they are always on top of other windows no matter if parent Konsole window is on top or active window.

    I also copied ~/.config/konsolerc from machine without konsole toolbar to that which now has toolbar hoping it helps. It didn't resolve the issue.

    I also compared files in /usr/share/konsole/. They are the same (as they are expected to be as Tumbleweed releases are same).

    Where Konsole toolbars are defined?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    2,033

    Default Re: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    Right click on the Menu Bar (not Toolbar) and you can select which toolbars are shown.

    https://paste.opensuse.org/view/raw/475dc70d
    Regards, Paul

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    Quote Originally Posted by jiivee View Post
    I have Tumbleweed 20210720 now in two machines. After that upgrade in one of them Konsole now has a toolbar, but another one does not. How to remove toolbar I don't need?
    My system:

    Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20210721
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.3
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.84.0
    Qt Version: 5.15.2
    Kernel Version: 5.13.2-1-default (64-bit)

    When i open Application menu -> System -> Konsole and move the mouse in the area of the Konsole menu (at the top of the Konsole window, just a little bit to the right from the menu item "Help"") and press the right mouse button a menu is displayed which allows me to en-/disable Main Toolbar and Session Toolbar.

    I have no idea in which configuration file the selection is stored.

    Regards

    susejunky

    Sorry, i was not fast enough!

  4. #4

    Default Re: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    Thanks for quick replies, which resolved the issue.

    I think that at least some configuration info regarding toolbars is stored in ~/.config/konsolerc in [MainWindow] in State= value. For example if I move toolbars to desktop and then edit konsolerc by deleting State= line, then on next Konsole startup toolbars appear at top of Konsole window again.

  5. #5

    Default Re: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    Right Clicking in the Menu Bar allows you to enable/disable the Main ToolBar and/or the Session ToolBar but those changes are not persistent and after you close the konsole window and reopen they are back.

    Prior to the change that created this problem which occurred somewhere between 20210623 and 20210704 you could use the following to permanent disable the toolbars

    Settings -> Toolbars shown configuration option

    The Toolbars show option disappeared around the time this issue started.

    I had hoped this would be fixed by now but the issue is still present in the 20210726 build I installed yesterday leaving no way to permanently disable the toolbars.




    Quote Originally Posted by susejunky View Post
    My system:

    Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20210721
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.3
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.84.0
    Qt Version: 5.15.2
    Kernel Version: 5.13.2-1-default (64-bit)

    When i open Application menu -> System -> Konsole and move the mouse in the area of the Konsole menu (at the top of the Konsole window, just a little bit to the right from the menu item "Help"") and press the right mouse button a menu is displayed which allows me to en-/disable Main Toolbar and Session Toolbar.

    I have no idea in which configuration file the selection is stored.

    Regards

    susejunky

    Sorry, i was not fast enough!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    2,033

    Default Re: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Right Clicking in the Menu Bar allows you to enable/disable the Main ToolBar and/or the Session ToolBar but those changes are not persistent and after you close the konsole window and reopen they are back. ...
    FWIW I'm not seeing that behavior on either of my TW machines, both with:

    konsole: 21.04.3
    Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20210726
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.3
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.84.0
    Qt Version: 5.15.2

    Changes made to the toolbar settings via the right-click context menu are retained after konsole is closed and reopened.
    Regards, Paul

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Right Clicking in the Menu Bar allows you to enable/disable the Main ToolBar and/or the Session ToolBar but those changes are not persistent and after you close the konsole window and reopen they are back.
    I can NOT confirm this.

    On my system
    openSUSE Tumbleweed 20210726
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.3
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.84.0
    Qt Version: 5.15.2
    Kernel Version: 5.13.4-1-default (64-bit)
    konsole 21.04.3-1.1

    the changes are permanent, i.e. they are present after a restart of konsole (and even after a system restart).

    Regards

    susejunky

  8. #8

    Default Re: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    This issue is related to "Remember window size" option. If it is enabled the toolbar state is also remembered. If it is disabled the toolbars are always shown.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    2,033

    Default Re: How to remove KDE konsole toolbar?

    Quote Originally Posted by dremonnl View Post
    This issue is related to "Remember window size" option. If it is enabled the toolbar state is also remembered. If it is disabled the toolbars are always shown.
    Then, personally, I would regard that as a bug, you could make a report at: https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi
    Regards, Paul

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •