Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: ESET Nod32 Linux

  1. #1

    Default ESET Nod32 Linux

    ESET on its forum is advising they are no longer supporting opensuse as of 15.3

    https://forum.eset.com/topic/28704-e...suse-leap-153/

    I am really quite surprised, has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on a workaround?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    For the time being a good work-around is to stay on 15.2, for the rest it is an issue for ESET support.

    What are you using from the ESET NOD32 functionality? For antivirus there are other working solutions.

  3. #3

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    I mostly use it for family and personal desktops as an extra layer of security, its detection is decent enough for average users and the interface is pretty simple. But nothing too sophisticated or for business use.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    You could consider switching over to ClamAV, that will take more time to set up but is free.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    ClamAV is pretty set-it-and-forget-it to be honest. It hooks into Linux and scans files you open like you'd expect. Having a mostly-Windows malware scanner on a desktop Linux system is kind of dubious though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,155

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    Tested NOD32 AV4 for Linux on 15.3;

    Install;
    Code:
    libc-32bit
    glibc-locale-32bit
    As root or with sudo execute
    Code:
    eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux
    After install, copy
    Code:
    /opt/eset/esets/etc/systemd/esets.service
    to
    Code:
    /etc/systemd/system/
    Execute;
    Code:
    systemctl daemon-reload
    and
    Code:
    systemctl enable esets
    Reboot and it'll work. If it does not open the GUI by default, run;
    Code:
    /opt/eset/esets/bin/esets_gui
    But nothing too sophisticated or for business use.

    Actually the "Business" versions use the same detection routines and databases as the basic NOD32 AV4.
    .: miuku @ #opensuse @ irc.libera.chat

  7. #7

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Tested NOD32 AV4 for Linux on 15.3;

    Install;
    Code:
    libc-32bit
    glibc-locale-32bit
    As root or with sudo execute
    Code:
    eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux
    After install, copy
    Code:
    /opt/eset/esets/etc/systemd/esets.service
    to
    Code:
    /etc/systemd/system/
    Execute;
    Code:
    systemctl daemon-reload
    and
    Code:
    systemctl enable esets
    Reboot and it'll work. If it does not open the GUI by default, run;
    Code:
    /opt/eset/esets/bin/esets_gui

    [/FONT][/COLOR]Actually the "Business" versions use the same detection routines and databases as the basic NOD32 AV4.

    I followed the steps above, but I got the following message when I go to do: systemctl enable esets

    Synchronizing state of esets.service with SysV service script with /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
    Executing: /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable esets
    /sbin/insserv: No such file or directory

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,155

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by varchar5000 View Post
    I followed the steps above, but I got the following message when I go to do: systemctl enable esets
    It should not need insserv installed if you've copied the .service file to the proper location and executed systemctl daemon-reload.

    However, you can find insserv in the insserv-compat package which you can install with zypper and then re-try.
    .: miuku @ #opensuse @ irc.libera.chat

  9. #9

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    It should not need insserv installed if you've copied the .service file to the proper location and executed systemctl daemon-reload.

    However, you can find insserv in the insserv-compat package which you can install with zypper and then re-try.
    I was just logging back in to say that actually, I ended up finding some references to: insserv-compat on a sap forum installed it and rebooted, everything is working. Thank you so much though for everything, I would have never figured this out

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: ESET Nod32 Linux

    Anybody with an account on the ESET forum that can add to ESET NOD problem with Opensuse Leap 15.3 the the problem is fixed and a link to this topic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •