Thread: Can no longer set correct keyboard in regional settings and widget has gone too. Help please.

Blog Entries

Default Can no longer set correct keyboard in regional settings and widget has gone too. Help please.

I used to have a widget in my system tray which showed the UK and US flags and enabled me to switch.

I needed this switch because, in spite of all my system being set for UK as default, on re-booting the US system was always enabled and I had to change before starting work.
    At least I was able to change back to UK using the widget. Now it has gone and I am stuck with # instead of the pound sign. My system is all showing UK set as the default but clearly it is not working.
    I need the pound sign when working. How may I enter it please?

Default Re: Can no longer set correct keyboard in regional settings and widget has gone too. Help please.

I had a similar issue once and it drove me mad. Then I found out Ibus had been installed (not sure how or why). Solution for me was to either configure IBus (Settings -> IBus Preferences), add a UK keyboard and optionally delete the US one tat was there by default or just remove all the IBus stuff via YaST Software management.

Default Re: Can no longer set correct keyboard in regional settings and widget has gone too. Help please.

Did you try right-click on the Screen, Add widget?

I have the Widget and the About shows: