Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choppy Bluetooth with Plasma Applet in Leap 15.3

Hybrid View

Default Choppy Bluetooth with Plasma Applet in Leap 15.3

Hi all.

Recently I upgraded my Linux to Leap 15.3.

Then, connecting Bluetooth Headphones (Sennheiser model that has Bluetooth 5.0 with Apt-X LL), I have noticed, that there is no stable transmission, it's going to interrupt all the way. It's very choppy. At little distance, too.

Android Phone (Huawei) makes stable connection with these headphones at long distances without any problem. I can not remember exactly, but with Leap 15.2 was better (also bad, was not 100% stable, but better).

May be somebody has the same issue.

Thanks,
    Vadim.

Default Re: Choppy Bluetooth with Plasma Applet in Leap 15.3

Bluetooth (BT) works in the 2.4 GHz band just like WiFi, Zigbee and a lot more of protocols, see 2.4 GHz radio use.

If you phone has a stable BT audio connections and your computer not it might well be that the computer BT has problems with interference.

Leap 15.3 has troubles with sound subsystems.
    After checks with interference create bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    Bluetooth (BT) works in the 2.4 GHz band just like WiFi, Zigbee and a lot more of protocols, see 2.4 GHz radio use.

If you phone has a stable BT audio connections and your computer not it might well be that the computer BT has problems with interference.
    It's at the same place...

How can I create a bug report?

Thanks,
    Vadim.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim77 View Post
    It's at the same place...
    No, it think it is not a the same place.

For sure your phone and your computer are not using the same antenna's and for 2.4 GHz the wavelength is ~12.5 cm so if you move an antenna/device only 2 cm the channel conditions can be completely different.

I have seen my BT headset having problem with WiFi active, which is far from strange if you know the details on how these protocols work.

I think you have to provide much more evidence before claiming this is a software bug

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim77 View Post
    How can I create a bug report?
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Bug_reporting_FAQ

Check hardware with M$ Windows - whether it works with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svyatko View Post
    Check hardware with M$ Windows - whether it works with it.
    Thanks.
    I have no Windows on that computer... But I will use other Live Linuxes (Debian, and others) and report back.

Vadim.

Quote Originally Posted by Svyatko View Post
    So, Windows 10 Home Live USB (Intel Bluetooth Driver) works perfect. On the same machine. It´s a Leap software, that will not going to work.

Can somebody file a bug report, I have no experience?

Also, I have tested a cheap USB Bluetooth 5.0 CSR dongle with Windows. It works (with some rare disconnects) out of the box. Linux lsusb sees the dongle, but it doesn´t work there.

Thanks,
    Vadim.

In Debian 10.0 the Bluetooth functionality is m.o. broken. I was not been able to pair a Sennheisers with an adapter.
    Kubuntu 20.4: Bluetooth works, but also choppy.

Thanks.

Thanks for reporting back.

My conclusion is that the problem is interference, this article is for WiFi, but the same holds for Bluetooth.

Can you tell what is your setup? Are you using a laptop with build in Bluetooth or are you using a Desktop with a Bluetooth dongle or ...?

If you are using a Bluetooth dongle, I can recommend to get a 2 meter USB extension cable and place the Bluetooth dongle 2 meter from the computer. Test the Bluetooth quality and if still not good, try some other places. If that does not work, try, for a test to disable all WiFi and check if then the problem is gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast