Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Move Widgets?

Default Re: How Do I Move Widgets?

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Strange...

OK, initially let's just take Thunderbird for starters. With TB closed, right click on the TB icon and select "Unpin from Task Manager". Now launch Thunderbird from the menu, it's icon should appear at the far right of any existing entries, right click it's icon and select "Pin to Task Manager", now close Thunderbird and see if you're able to move it's icon.
    More mystery... I have "Unpin from Task Manager" for the Firefox, Zoom, Dolphin launcher icons. But I do not have such entry for Thunderbird and other icons...

Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    More mystery... I have "Unpin from Task Manager" for the Firefox, Zoom, Dolphin launcher icons. But I do not have such entry for Thunderbird and other icons...
    When I right-click the Thunderbird icon I get:
    * Properties
    * Add widgets...
    * Add panel
    * Edit panel...

Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    When I right-click the Thunderbird icon I get:
    * Properties
    * Add widgets...
    * Add panel
    * Edit panel...
    Looks like the Thunderbird icon is sitting directly on the panel while the other icons are sitting in the Task Manger widget (which is then itself sitting on the panel). To move the Thunderbird icon right-click somewhere in the panel (not the Task Manager) and select "Edit panel". It should then be possible to move the Thunderbird icon into the Task Manager widget. Alternatively, just delete the icon and then re-pin it to the Task Manager from the Application Launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenjh View Post
    Looks like the Thunderbird icon is sitting directly on the panel while the other icons are sitting in the Task Manger widget (which is then itself sitting on the panel). To move the Thunderbird icon right-click somewhere in the panel (not the Task Manager) and select "Edit panel". It should then be possible to move the Thunderbird icon into the Task Manager widget. Alternatively, just delete the icon and then re-pin it to the Task Manager from the Application Launcher.
    Your suggestion to delete the icon and then re-pin it to the Task Manager seems to have worked.
    Thanks for your help.
    I will mark this thread as solved.

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    That's rather vague ... perhaps you could elucidate.
    Yes it is pretty vague... sorry about that Paul.

I really meant "clone a KDE Plasma GUI for a new, completely non-technical, user in one operation before handing the account over, instead of setting it up one parameter at a time using the configure-desktop utility". What I had in mind was something similar to saving Firefox bookmarks by exporting them as in HTML format so they can be imported later.

David L.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12