Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leap 15.2, File Transfer

Default Leap 15.2, File Transfer

While trying to transfer image files from a camera Leap 15.2 displays an error stating "unable to establish a camera URL", installed digiKam which did not work, gwenview can't establish a connection, and Showfoto is useless. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thom
    USA, Alabama

Default Re: Leap 15.2, File Transfer

Because you are talking about Digikam an GWenview, I assume you are using a desktop environment. But you failed to explain which one.

In KDE, when the user "in the seat" connects a mass storage device, a popup shows what can be done with it (like opening with Dolphin, copying with GWenview, etc.). That works, od course, also for cameras that report hemelves as being mass-storgae (most often a VFAT or NTFS file system or so).

However cameras can also use the PTP (picture to picture) protocol. In most cases a camera can switch between both protocols.
    Henk van Velden

It might also be good to know how the camera is actually connected? USB, Bluetooth, WiFi ...? What camera exactly? If it's USB
    Code:
    dmesg
    directly after plugging in and
    Code:
    lsusb
    may shed some light on it.

If the camera will not switch, set DisableSwitching to 1 in /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf and see if that solves the problem.
    Last edited by john_hudson; 28-May-2021 at 13:49. Reason: Typo

Thank you, thank you very much.
    Last edited by ThomasBE400; 29-May-2021 at 07:57. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBE400 View Post
    Thank you, thank you very much.
    Hope solution will be posted.

No solution yet. Still unable to transfer image files from camera, which is connected via USB port using KDE and is a Canon A590. In the past, I was able to transfer image files with earlier versions of OpenSuse.

While trying to transfer image files from a camera Leap 15.2 displays an error stating "unable to establish a camera URL", installed digiKam which did not work, gwenview can't establish a connection, and Showfoto is useless. Any ideas?
    I use a digital camera since 2007. I downloaded some 60,000 photos and movies to openSUSE Leap and Tumbleweed by connecting the camera to an USB port of the computer. Device notifier pops up and offers to download or view the photos. This worked consistently for 14 years and it still does work now. I have no idea what you are trying to do.
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

No solution yet.
    There is also not enough information to help you yet.

See the request of @kasi042 and please answer these questions, so lsusb and dmesg
    On dmesg, you might use "dmesg --follow-new" and post what happens after you plug in the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    There is also not enough information to help you yet.

See the request of @kasi042 and please answer these questions, so lsusb and dmesg
    On dmesg, you might use "dmesg --follow-new" and post what happens after you plug in the camera.
    While some of what you ask is certainly interesting, I see that you and some others still do not have understood (where the OP has told this at leasdt two times) that the camera is not connected (plugged in) at all. It is integrated in the system, thus it can not be plugged in or out.
    Henk van Velden

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast