Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: "sudo zypper install docker" error

  1. #1

    Default "sudo zypper install docker" error

    Hi Experts
    I have installed SUSE. But I execute the " sudo zypper install docker" command . There is following error now .

    https://blogs.sap.com/2021/02/22/ins...ng-vm-and-suse/ (it is my tutorial)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    15,200
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    Some questions:

    (1) Have you installed SUSE or openSUSE?
    (2) Are you talking about Leap 15.2 or Leap 15.3?

    There appears to be some ambiguity there. You selected "Leap 15.3" as version, but your error messages are all about the Leap 15.2 repos.

    And I'll note: perhaps you tried this at a moment when the repo site was having difficulties. Simplest would be to wait a few minutes and try again.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

  3. #3

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    openSUSE-Leap-15.2-DVD-x86_64.iso is my mirror.
    I may downoad suse 15.3 ? Thanks

  4. #4

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    Some questions:

    (1) Have you installed SUSE or openSUSE?
    (2) Are you talking about Leap 15.2 or Leap 15.3?

    There appears to be some ambiguity there. You selected "Leap 15.3" as version, but your error messages are all about the Leap 15.2 repos.

    And I'll note: perhaps you tried this at a moment when the repo site was having difficulties. Simplest would be to wait a few minutes and try again.
    I try to do it .But it failed .My version is openSUSE15.2. Is it the network issue ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    470

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    If you installed Opensuse from the 15.2 .iso and never upgraded you are still on 15.2. That's fine, no reason to upgrade to 15.3 yet.

    If I read your blog the problem seems to be solved.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    28,714

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    As there it seems now to be clear that this is about 15.2, I will change the prefix.

    And @beyond911, you are welcome here, but please be precise in what you tell people here. So not "SUSE" when you mean "openSUSE" and not "15.3" when you mean "15.2". Every character counts!

    And, because of your badly readable image, there is a better way to post your computer text here:
    There is an important, but not easy to find feature on the forums.

    Please in the future use CODE tags around copied/pasted computer text in a post. It is the # button in the tool bar of the post editor. When applicable copy/paste complete, that is including the prompt, the command, the output and the next prompt.

    An example is here: Using CODE tags Around your paste.

    Regards,
    Last edited by hcvv; 08-May-2021 at 02:04.
    Henk van Velden

  7. #7

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    If you installed Opensuse from the 15.2 .iso and never upgraded you are still on 15.2. That's fine, no reason to upgrade to 15.3 yet.

    If I read your blog the problem seems to be solved.
    The blog is not mine. I don't solve it . I think I will change soruce. I don't know how to change it . Can you help me ? My server is in the China.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    470

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    Being in China, can you try from your browser http://download.opensuse.org/?

    If that works, try also http://download.opensuse.org/update/...ata/repomd.xml

    That last link gives from me (currently) in Firefox:



    If that does not work you are probably blocked by a firewall, please check if another mirror works.

  9. #9

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    Being in China, can you try from your browser http://download.opensuse.org/?

    If that works, try also http://download.opensuse.org/update/...ata/repomd.xml

    That last link gives from me (currently) in Firefox:



    If that does not work you are probably blocked by a firewall, please check if another mirror works.

    I have changed the download address. there is same error. Can you help me ?
    I can access the link.



  10. #10

    Default Re: "sudo zypper install docker" error

    Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    Being in China, can you try from your browser http://download.opensuse.org/?

    If that works, try also http://download.opensuse.org/update/...ata/repomd.xml

    That last link gives from me (currently) in Firefox:



    If that does not work you are probably blocked by a firewall, please check if another mirror works.

    I ping it . The network is normal. the network is ok ?



Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •