Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: issue with opensuse make computer useless

Default issue with opensuse make computer useless

Hi i have much issue with opensuse some month after reinstallation its get only worst before i can boot or login but know its issue about i only get keyboard on login other pc i can only log in with root on one desktop, other did not can login or boot.

So what to do? Opensuse Tumbleweed its to much bug, so i did not know i much switch back to Leap or find other distribution?

Normaly upgrade is 5378 packages take long time and still to much bug.
    I find bugs in fedora and ubuntu but not so critical ican not boot as Live DVD to make log files to find out what happed?
    But i get much error

Files is corrupt, not safe to install (MD5 sum or SHA1 failed) if you install this packages it may be safety issue?

Tryed to only install KDE desktop, but buth windows 10 and opensuse is useless. Tryed but to upgrade but get issue about downgrade or not install packages, so its failed.

I hope in future its possible to start xchat or memory disk on install to find out what happed why its failed?

Its issue with https://idp-portal.suse.com/univenti...=createaccount because i only get access to https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

Default Re: issue with opensuse make computer useless

It seems that you are a bit frustrated with trying to use Tumbleweed. But this is a technical help forum and nobody can even try to help you when you do not report your problems one by one in a technical understandable way.

I assume you are aware of the fact that many people use Tumbleweed without much problems since already a long time and are still enjoying it. That does not mean that they do not encounter some problems from time to time (as you can see here on the forums), but in general they do not have the experience you seem to have.

So please start a thread about the first problem you encounter (seemingly already at boot). Give thread a good title that informs potential helpers about what it is about and provide in the thread technical information about what you do and what you expect to happen and what happened instead. Only so can people make an effort to help you.

On the other hand, if you only want to vent your frustration, we have sub-forums like General Chit-chat. But even there just ranting may not attrackt many people to discuss with you about such vague problems.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    It seems that you are a bit frustrated with trying to use Tumbleweed. But this is a technical help forum and nobody can even try to help you when you do not report your problems one by one in a technical understandable way.

I assume you are aware of the fact that many people use Tumbleweed without much problems since already a long time and are still enjoying it. That does not mean that they do not encounter some problems from time to time (as you can see here on the forums), but in general they do not have the experience you seem to have.

So please start a thread about the first problem you encounter (seemingly already at boot). Give thread a good title that informs potential helpers about what it is about and provide in the thread technical information about what you do and what you expect to happen and what happened instead. Only so can people make an effort to help you.

On the other hand, if you only want to vent your frustration, we have sub-forums like General Chit-chat. But even there just ranting may not attrackt many people to discuss with you about such vague problems.
    You and other can make how to make package list on upgrade issue its on install or upgrade is hard to make screenshot and make files to memory stick.
    I dont want to make sub-forums like General Chit-chat. tread because want its fixed, but also want to find out why i get issue? because its hard if KDE\gnome even will boot.

You can also tell why i only can edit wikidock but not make bug?

Ubuntu have more easy bug and support (ubuntu-bug + package name) not sure if opensuse have it on terminal? so easy to report it?
    Its can be one files or some SVN files that is issue, but hard to find out.

Your English is hard to follow, maybe it is a good idea to use a site like https://www.deepl.com/translator to translate Norwegian to English and vice-versa.

The image as hard to read but it looks like you have installed packages from a strange source ("Hovedpakkebrenn"?) and likely that can explain much of the problems.

I think you are better off switching to Leap.

Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    ("Hovedpakkebrenn"?)
    I assume that that simply translates as Main Package Repository and thus may point to the Main OSS repo.
    Henk van Velden

Did not think its help to much try to use:
    https://en.opensuse.org/Create_installation_USB_stick

Imageusb did not works.

But is openSUSE Leap 15.3 RC more safer? or still same issue? i can try but did not expect much. i hope its have kernel 5.12 and firefox 88

Quote Originally Posted by LMH1 View Post

Did not think its help to much try to use:
    https://en.opensuse.org/Create_installation_USB_stick

Imageusb did not works.

But is openSUSE Leap 15.3 RC more safer? or still same issue? i can try but did not expect much. i hope its have kernel 5.12 and firefox 88
    No, Leap in general has the long-term support version of FF, you could install the Mozilla Repo an switch to 88 I guess.

Kernel on 15.3

Code:
     uname -a
    Linux dell5-1218 5.3.18-56-default #1 SMP Wed Apr 21 07:55:27 UTC 2021 (5f858b1) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    I prepare USB-sticks with Suse Studio Imagewriter, it's in the standard repos. Works fine.
    Kind regards

raspu

I most boot from the UEFI mode to install or upgrade to 15.3 not sure if its will works, but i make a try.
    I get error message UEFI mode can not be upgraded to bios, but try to add grub with mbr so maybe its works?

But i did not have much expetation i did not get any error message after that yet, but why did its have Tumbleweed if its so much issue?
    I want updated system but its much important to get system that works not to much bug.

long-term support
    I did not care about long time support, if some get wrong its wasteless. I think its did not take long time its find other bugs. But hope its not so big as with tumbleweed.

Is there legacy boot in BIOS? I keep away from this UEFI nonsense...
    Kind regards

raspu

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast