Thread: Unable to upload sketch to Arduino Uno board

Default Re: Unable to upload sketch to Arduino Uno board

Hi,
    here is my usb-device command output:

Code:
    T:  Bus=03 Lev=03 Prnt=04 Port=02 Cnt=01 Dev#= 10 Spd=12  MxCh= 0
    D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=02(commc) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
    P:  Vendor=2341 ProdID=0043 Rev=00.01
    S:  Manufacturer=Arduino (www.arduino.cc)
    S:  SerialNumber=757353230303518001E1
    C:  #Ifs= 2 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=100mA
    I:  If#=0x0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(commc) Sub=02 Prot=01 Driver=cdc_acm
    I:  If#=0x1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_acm

I am running kernel 5.12.0-2-default at the moment. If I recall correctly, kernel 5.11.15 also had this problem. So I am wondering if this is only my setup????
    Thanks for helping me out here. I was hoping that this could be solved with a work around but looks like I need to wait for the next kernel version to be released.

Anyway at the moment I am running Arduino IDE on a Ubuntu 18.04 on VBox. Funny thing this setup works! I just have to tick the Arduino's USB connect in VBox and Ubuntu picks it up.

Quote Originally Posted by venanks View Post
    I am running kernel [COLOR=#000000]5.12.0-2-default at the moment. If I recall correctly, kernel 5.11.15 also had this problem. So I am wondering if this is only my setup????
    Thanks for helping me out here. I was hoping that this could be solved with a work around but looks like I need to wait for the next kernel version to be released.

Anyway at the moment I am running Arduino IDE on a Ubuntu 18.04 on VBox. Funny thing this setup works! I just have to tick the Arduino's USB connect in VBox and Ubuntu picks it up.
    The bug page says "So the problem was introduced between 5.11.11 and 5.11.12".

What kernel version is Ubuntu running? I guess it is an older version.

Your usb-device command output shows some differences with mine but I am no USB expert so I think it is better to wait for 5.13 or you can try an older kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    The bug page says "So the problem was introduced between 5.11.11 and 5.11.12".

What kernel version is Ubuntu running? I guess it is an older version.

Your usb-device command output shows some differences with mine but I am no USB expert so I think it is better to wait for 5.13 or you can try an older kernel.
    Yes. It is running 5.8.x.

How do I go back to an older kernel with Tumbleweed? Because every new kernel will cause previous to previous kernel uninstalled. Is there a way to keep a specific kernel permenantly?

To keep older kernels, see SDB:Keep multiple kernel versions.

Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    To keep older kernels, see SDB:Keep multiple kernel versions.
    Thanks will look at it later.

The latest kernel update (5.12.2-1) solved the problem! Yay to the devs! I can now upload the sketches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12