Thread: Akonadi server trouble: Kontact crashing on startup

Default Re: Akonadi server trouble: Kontact crashing on startup

Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    Not sure if you want to go that way but I think it is worth a try:

Code:
    $ cd ~/.local/share/akonadi
    $ mv db_data db_databkp 
    $ mkdir db_data
    $ /usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi --defaults-file=/home/matthias/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --datadir=/home/matthias/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --socket=/run/user/1000/akonadi/default/mysql.socket --pid-file=/run/user/1000/akonadi/default/mysql.pid --initialize --console
    Then check if user's emails, contacts, calendars, events, journals, alarms, notes, etc. are fine in KDE (that is what Akondi is managing) and if so you can delete db_databkp.
    Okay, I followed your advice and Korganizer doesn't crash anymore . Hint: the red-colored part gives an error. Actually /usr/sbin/mysqld is a softlink to /usr/sbin/mariadbd so I just omitted the red part and sonething happened, i.e. hard disk activity. My calendar is not back so I will log out and in again and have a look then.

Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    I do not know of way to do this using the GUI.
    No problem, I am not adverse to the command line, earlier I just overlooked that pastebin will provide a link to the file.

My Calendar is not back . Nasty, because I have all my appointments in it...

Btw. The calendar is not shown in the left side panel where added calendars appear. I had a name of a specific date (I don't remember exactly which one).

I restored a db_data file from a backup in March, where KOrganizer definitely worked. No joy either.

Well, I found a way to help myself. To make a long story short, I restored ~/.local/share/akonadi (about 1.4 GB) from a backup. Regrettably it took about 10 days to understand the situation an to come to this solution / workaround. The density of my backups thins with time, so I lost about 12 days of calendar entries and had to reorganize my sent mail folder. But I'm back in business, thank god. I wish I understood the true cause, though.

Thanks everyone for your help .

Akonadi is crashing again. Seems to corrupt my mail and/or calendar data and then stumbles during startup. So I'm afraid I have to change over to Thunderbird (from which I came about 5 years ago when TB's calendar crashed...).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12