Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Akonadi doesn't start, crashes by start from console

Default Akonadi doesn't start, crashes by start from console

After an update of my tumbleweed (I think on Tuesday) I got the above problem. I searched the web but no remedy of this often encountered problem worked. Any others with the same problem and ideas here?

Btw. I can't log in to bugzilla, they always kick me out without any comment, changed password twice, no change ... Why is there no link from here working with the credentials already entered?

Question Re: Akonadi doesn't start, crashes by start from console

Quote Originally Posted by wodenhof View Post
    After an update of my tumbleweed (I think on Tuesday) I got the above problem. I searched the web but no remedy of this often encountered problem worked. Any others with the same problem and ideas here?
    In general, when anything KDE crashes, “DrKonqi” fires up and, you can enter a KDE Bug Report …
    • With “coredumpctl list” you should get a list of the most recent Core Dumps – including those from KDE …

After attempting “akonadictl start”, any errors should be written to ‘~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log’ or, the Wayland session log if you're not using X11 …
    Also, take a look in ‘~/.local/share/akonadi/’ and ‘~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/’ – the “err” files locate there may indicate the reason for the issue you're experiencing.

Does Akonadi start OK with another, new, fresh, (Test), user?

Btw. I can't log in to bugzilla, they always kick me out without any comment, changed password twice, no change ... Why is there no link from here working with the credentials already entered?
    Do you mean <https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/>?
    • You should be able to login with the username and password you use for this Forum.
    • Did you attempt to login into the SUSE (.com) Bugzilla? – <https://bugzilla.suse.com/>
    • If you attempted to access that Bugzilla, you'll first need to sign up for a SUSE Services Contract …

Default Re: Akonadi doesn't start, crashes by start from console

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    In general, when anything KDE crashes, “DrKonqi” fires up and, you can enter a KDE Bug Report …
    • With “coredumpctl list” you should get a list of the most recent Core Dumps – including those from KDE …

After attempting “akonadictl start”, any errors should be written to ‘~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log’ or, the Wayland session log if you're not using X11 …
    Also, take a look in ‘~/.local/share/akonadi/’ and ‘~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/’ – the “err” files locate there may indicate the reason for the issue you're experiencing.

Does Akonadi start OK with another, new, fresh, (Test), user?
    Sorry to answer only now. Idiotically I somehow opened a new thread (https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...ing-on-startup) with this problem and didn't realize that here is an answer as well, my apologies. The problem is not solved until even now.

Dr. Konqi came and collected for quite some time data. But it is not clear (at least to me) whether it sent them.

I didn't know coredumpctl, nice. Last several coredump messages are
    Code:
    Thu 2021-05-06 13:57:24 CEST   3610  1000   100  11 truncated /usr/sbin/mariadbd

that was just a minute earlier but I didn't start Kontact at all...

"~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log" has no errors. But. "akonadictl status" results in "stopped" the ensuing "akonadictl start" gets "already running". Hmm.

The err-file in ~/.local/share/akonadi/ has a long list with [CRITICAL], starting with:
    [CRITICAL] org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: DB error: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query"
    and lots of "cannot connect to database". Currently more lines are added it is hard to read .

‘~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/’ is also full of errors starting with "Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB tablespace but not the InnoDB log files". It is quite long but I could upload it to pastebin if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    Do you mean <https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/>?
    • You should be able to login with the username and password you use for this Forum.
    • Did you attempt to login into the SUSE (.com) Bugzilla? – <https://bugzilla.suse.com/>
    • If you attempted to access that Bugzilla, you'll first need to sign up for a SUSE Services Contract …
    Uuups, the first one. Works now. *shrug*

‘~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/’ is also full of errors starting with "Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB tablespace but not the InnoDB log files".
    Then, the Akonadi database is corrupt …

Bottom line –
    • If the Akonadi database becomes corrupt, it can't be repaired …
    • Delete it and start with a fresh database and, configuration – everything related to Akonadi and Kontact in ‘~/.config/’ …
    • If you haven't been regularly archiving everything in Kontact, there is a chance that, you'll lose some local e-Mail, some local Appointments, some local Tasks, some local Notes and, some local Addresses …
    • If you've been using IMAP for the e-Mails and network services such as LDAP and Kolab then, nothing should have been lost …

I did that already, I think, that is to say I removed ‘~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/’ and even ‘~/.local/share/akonadi/’ but the calendar stay lost.

The corruption must be lodged deeper in the akonadi data structures. Well, I found a solution in a way. To make a long story short, I restored ~/.local/share/akonadi (about 1.4 GB) from a backup. Regrettably it took about 10 days to understand the situation an to come to this solution / workaround. The density of my backups thins with time, so I lost about 12 days of calendar entries and had to reorganize my sent mail folder. But I'm back in business, thank god. I wish I understood the true cause, though.

Thank you for your help .

Well, seems Akonadi is doing the corruption itself. The "new" data out of the backups ran out of luck, Akonadi is crashing again. Seems I am forced to thunderbird...

Default AW: Akonadi doesn't start, crashes by start from console

As User:
    Code:
    akonadictl stop
    Code:
    akonadictl start
    And post all from the terminal.

Okay, here it comes:
    Code:
    me@PC:~> akonadictl stop 
    Akonadi is not running. 
    me@PC:~> akonadictl start

The following errors occurred with your submission 	

• The text that you have entered is too long (35333 characters). Please shorten it to 15000 characters long.
    Ahm, yes. I'll post it to pastebin: https://paste.opensuse.org/44839712
    I just hope you can make sense of it .

Question Re: Akonadi doesn't start, crashes by start from console

I just hope you can make sense of it .
    OK, but Leap 15.2 –
    Code:
     > l ~/.local/share/akonadi/
    insgesamt 20
    drwxr-xr-x   7 xxx users  189 14. Mai 14:43 ./
    drwx------  86 xxx users 4096 12. Mai 13:03 ../
    -rw-r--r--   1 xxx users  140 14. Mai 14:43 Akonadi.error
    -rw-r--r--   1 xxx users  140 14. Mai 14:43 Akonadi.error.old
    drwxr-xr-x   6 xxx users  273 14. Mai 14:43 db_data/
    drwxr-xr-x   2 xxx users    6 27. Nov 10:26 db_misc/
    drwxr-xr-x 102 xxx users 4096 29. Nov 17:46 file_db_data/
    drwxr-xr-x   2 xxx users    6 29. Apr 19:19 file_lost+found/
    -rw-r--r--   1 xxx users 3423 27. Nov 10:26 mysql.conf
    drwxr-xr-x   8 xxx users  105 27. Nov 10:26 search_db/
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 xxx users   22 14. Mai 14:43 socket-yyy-default -> /run/user/1000/akonadi/
     > 
     > akonadictl status
    Akonadi Control: stopped
    Akonadi Server: stopped
    Akonadi Server Search Support: available (Remote Search, Akonadi Search Plugin)
    Available Agent Types: akonadi_akonotes_resource, akonadi_archivemail_agent, akonadi_birthdays_resource, akonadi_contacts_resource, akonadi_davgroupware_resource, akonadi_ews_resource, akonadi_ewsmta_resource, akonadi_followupreminder_agent, akonadi_googlecalendar_resource, akonadi_googlecontacts_resource, akonadi_ical_resource, akonadi_icaldir_resource, akonadi_imap_resource, akonadi_indexing_agent, akonadi_kalarm_dir_resource, akonadi_kalarm_resource, akonadi_knut_resource, akonadi_kolab_resource, akonadi_maildir_resource, akonadi_maildispatcher_agent, akonadi_mailfilter_agent, akonadi_mbox_resource, akonadi_migration_agent, akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource, akonadi_newmailnotifier_agent, akonadi_notes_agent, akonadi_notes_resource, akonadi_openxchange_resource, akonadi_pop3_resource, akonadi_sendlater_agent, akonadi_tomboynotes_resource, akonadi_unifiedmailbox_agent, akonadi_vcard_resource, akonadi_vcarddir_resource
     > akonadictl start
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
     > akonadi.collectionattributetable                   OK
    akonadi.collectionmimetyperelation                 OK
    akonadi.collectionpimitemrelation                  OK
    akonadi.collectiontable                            OK
    akonadi.flagtable                                  OK
    akonadi.mimetypetable                              OK
    akonadi.parttable                                  OK
    akonadi.parttypetable                              OK
    akonadi.pimitemflagrelation                        OK
    akonadi.pimitemtable                               OK
    akonadi.pimitemtagrelation                         OK
    akonadi.relationtable                              OK
    akonadi.relationtypetable                          OK
    akonadi.resourcetable                              OK
    akonadi.schemaversiontable                         OK
    akonadi.tagattributetable                          OK
    akonadi.tagremoteidresourcerelationtable           OK
    akonadi.tagtable                                   OK
    akonadi.tagtypetable                               OK
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    QDBusConnection: name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.144'

>
    Given the following trace content –
    Code:
    81. org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Subscriber "" disconnected
    147. org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   DB error:  "Lost connection to MySQL server during query"
    148. org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error text: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query QMYSQL3: Der Befehl konnte nicht ausgeführt werden"
    154. org.kde.pim.akonadicore: "QLocalSocket: Die Verbindung wurde von der Gegenseite geschlossen" "/run/user/1000/akonadi/akonadiserver-cmd.socket"
    are you certain that, there's a link in ‘~/.local/share/akonadi/’ named “socket-«hostname»-default” pointing to ‘/run/user/1000/akonadi/’?

And, are certain that, ‘/run/user/1000/akonadi/’ contains the following? –
    Code:
     > l ~/.local/share/akonadi/socket-yyy-default/
    insgesamt 4
    drwxr-xr-x 2 xxx users 120 14. Mai 18:58 ./
    drwx------ 9 xxx users 320 14. Mai 18:57 ../
    srwxr-xr-x 1 xxx users   0 14. Mai 18:58 akonadiserver-cmd.socket=
    srwxr-xr-x 1 xxx users   0 14. Mai 18:58 akonadiserver-ntf.socket=
    -rw-rw---- 1 xxx users   5 14. Mai 18:58 mysql.pid
    srwxrwxrwx 1 xxx users   0 14. Mai 18:58 mysql.socket=
     >

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast