Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethernet chip RTL8125B is not working

Default Ethernet chip RTL8125B is not working

It seems YaST is not able to change network settings because NetworkManager controls this. Maybe you can include a button to directly start this NetworkManager from this message, then I don’t have to search for it.

The Ethernet network card is not working. I don’t know if this is because of a miss configuration or there is an issue with the driver. I’m using DHCP and I don’t know what there can be wrong in configuration for it because there is nothing to do for DHCP. The network chip is a Realtek RTL8125B 2.5Gb with B whereas YaST shows it as 8125 without a B.

Default Re: Ethernet chip RTL8125B is not working

Manipulating your post, I saw a strange square. It looks you wanted to post a link to something on paste.opensuse. I created that link here: https://susepaste.org/55822304
    Henk van Velden

Yes, I used this icon for insert an image. In editor mode I see the square but I never see the image. Did this icon work well?

Regards,
    Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasD View Post
    It seems YaST is not able to change network settings because NetworkManager controls this. Maybe you can include a button to directly start this NetworkManager from this message, then I don’t have to search for it.
    I do not quite understand here what you want. In YaST > System > Net work Settings, maybe the first thing you choose is between Eicked or NetworkManager. When NM is chosen (you could have done that during installation, but you have done it), YaST reminds you of that when you nevertheless try to change the Wicked configuration (which is useless).

NetworkManager (the server program) should be started "automatically" at boot when the choice for it is made. I doubt a special button is needed for that (and I do not understand what you searched for and where you found it).

And AFAIK, the user that starts a GUI will be presented by an icon for the client part, but that depends on de desktop chosen.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasD View Post
    Yes, I used this icon for insert an image. In editor mode I see the square but I never see the image. Did this icon work well?

Regards,
    Andreas
    Only after going into "Editing Post" and the switching to "Source Mode" I could see the URL.

The URL you get after uploading an image is to be posted using the "Link" button, that is the one woth the world globe (two steps to the left from the "Insert Image" button you most probably tried.
    Henk van Velden

Default AW: Ethernet chip RTL8125B is not working

Also:
    Leap 15.3 is beta, better is to open a bug when something is not working as expected.

You can choose between Networkmanger and Wicked in :
    Yast2-----System----Network Configuration----Global Options

So this is not a bug.

For your network card:
    Please post:
    Code:
    /sbin/lspci | grep -iA3 net
    Please use Code-Tags:
    https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...und-Your-Paste

Code:
    05:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a)
    06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller (rev 04)
    07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GA106 [GeForce RTX 3060] (rev a1)
    07:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 228e (rev a1)
    08:00.0 Non-Essential Instrumentation [1300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse PCIe Dummy Function

The information from board manufacturer is:
    LAN Realtek RTL8125B 2.5Gb Ethernet
    Audio Realtek ALC S1200A

Default AW: Ethernet chip RTL8125B is not working

My fault, please post:
    Code:
    /sbin/lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net
    Forgotten the -nnk to get the ID and probably the driver.....

I know that it is beta. But I expect it can be helpful to have feedback. In
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
    there is information:
    - Developers and experienced users: You can go directly to http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/ and report a bug.
    - Non-technical users: You may try first http://forums.opensuse.org.

For these reason I try the forum first.

About Network Settings and Network Manager:
    I see that the network is not working and so I look for the network settings like I do with Windows. But YaST did not show me all network settings instead it reports that NM controls the network. From post #4 I understand that NM is a server process without a GUI. So which GUI is used to check the network settings?
    During installation I only change settings which are necessary, e.g. set network to DHCP. Most settings are YaST default. I don't think that I have change between NM and Wicked when YaST not told me to do.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast