Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 8 OpenSuse Leap 15.2

Default Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 8 OpenSuse Leap 15.2

Hello,

Am installed Opensuse Leap 15.2 on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 8. How can i get up and running LTE module and fingerprint reader? All on Intel. Desktop Kde Plasma and NetworkManager.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 8 OpenSuse Leap 15.2

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post

Am installed Opensuse Leap 15.2 on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 8. How can i get up and running LTE module and fingerprint reader? All on Intel. Desktop Kde Plasma and NetworkManager.
    I don't have this hardware. A search on Google indicated the Fingerprint reader can be made to work. I noticed on an Arch Linux wiki, one needs the fwupd driver. I assume one should be able to use that information to get this working on openSUSE. I note that fwupd is available for openSUSE. Have you installed the openSUSE fwupd? After installing have you tried to configure it?

Someone else will need to help you wrt the LTE module. I note there is a free open Source LTE software suite in experimental and community packages - but in truth I have no idea if there are superior official packages, nor if the packages in the experimental and community are appropriate for your Lenovo , or even applicable to your Lenovo. Someone else will need to chime in here to help.