Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

  1. #1

    Default Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    A strange incompatibility happened to me. My Tumbleweed OS works great on a Gigabyte z490m gaming x whit i5 10500. After bios update,
    I put yesterday new i5 11500 Rocket Lake processor and it doesn't start anymore, the new installation doesn't finish and stops
    on a localhost page and flashes. After this, mounted an old M.2 with Leap 15.2 already installed, it starts but the gradation remains
    fixed at 1024x768. I thought the drivers for Rocket Lake gen 12 were in the latest Kernel ... any ideas? (also tried LEAP 15.3 Betam same issue)

    best regads from roma
    alessandro

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-Linux-Patches

    Hi hi, can anyone answer? where do i find these patches and how do i can install on Tumbleweed snap 210414? (also eventually on Leap 15.2)
    ciao from Italy... newbie on Suse

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    Intel Xe (UHD 750) is too new for Linux. To use it try

    1. TW
    2. Leap + new kernel (kernel:stable repo) + new Mesa 3D + maybe some additional patches.

    Or disable it or use "nomodeset" kernel parameter.

    You have Gen 12, not Gen 13 graphics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Xe .

    Swapping CPU means changing builtin GPU => you need new boot image (initramfs).

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    Quote Originally Posted by Svyatko View Post
    Intel Xe (UHD 750) is too new for Linux. To use it try

    1. TW
    2. Leap + new kernel (kernel:stable repo) + new Mesa 3D + maybe some additional patches.

    Or disable it or use "nomodeset" kernel parameter.

    You have Gen 12, not Gen 13 graphics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Xe .

    Swapping CPU means changing builtin GPU => you need new boot image (initramfs).
    Hi, thanks for reply

    I use TW released April 14 latest kernel, but it doesn't work .. I can't find patches anywhere

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,771
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    Quote Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
    I use TW released April 14 latest kernel, but it doesn't work .. I can't find patches anywhere
    One way to bring such articles (with the patches they reference) to the attention of openSUSE packagers, is if your PC functionality is not working properly, then write a bug report on openSUSE's functionality in your affected area, and note also in your bug report that its possible a fix you read in Phoronix might address the issue (and provide the appropriate link).

    There is guidance here as to how to go about raising a bug report: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    Quote Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
    Hi, thanks for reply

    I use TW released April 14 latest kernel, but it doesn't work .. I can't find patches anywhere
    If you refuse to create new boot image then reinstall OS.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    One way to bring such articles (with the patches they reference) to the attention of openSUSE packagers, is if your PC functionality is not working properly, then write a bug report on openSUSE's functionality in your affected area, and note also in your bug report that its possible a fix you read in Phoronix might address the issue (and provide the appropriate link).

    There is guidance here as to how to go about raising a bug report: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
    thanks try it

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    Quote Originally Posted by Svyatko View Post
    If you refuse to create new boot image then reinstall OS.


    is the first thing I tried, without success

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    I did an extreme test with win 10 and hardware everything works ... it all depends on Opensuse.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tumbleweed and Rocket Lake UHD 750

    I'm in a similar situation: I installed Windows just to check the hardware. And hunted down the options to use Ubuntu 20.10 with a newer kernel, newer Mesa drivers and forcing the i915 module to recognize the UHD 750 graphics. But I haven't found a combination of newer kernel to work with either Leap 15.2 or Tumbleweed.

    While Ubuntu 21.04 was just released today, I found one post that said it was still necessary to force the i915 module to load. I haven't had a chance to try that yet.

    One of the most puzzling things to me is that with a 2560 x 1440 monitor, Leap usually comes up 800x600, but occasionally 1024x768 or if I'm lucky, 1920x1080.

    I would submit a bug, but it's not clear whether this is a kernel bug, a Mesa bug, an installer bug, or all of the above. Any thoughts or guidance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •