Thread: Desktop Icon Arrangement on KDE Plasma

Default Desktop Icon Arrangement on KDE Plasma

Hi everyone, I have just started using openSUSE. I have already set up a working workstation system.
    I find an anomaly that I cannot resolve.
    The icons on the desktop move and don't stay where I put them.
    Also I can't find a way to position the icons NOT aligned to the grid.
    Specifically, for example, when I click on the ASA firewall manager, the software opens and the icon moves to the top left.

Any idea what I may have mistakenly configured?

Thanks a lot to everyone

Blog Entries

Default Re: Desktop Icon Arrangement on KDE Plasma

You can move them around the grid and then lock them. Pretty sure they have to be aligned left/right and rows/columns
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Hi flytel!

Quote Originally Posted by flytel View Post
    (...)
    Specifically, for example, when I click on the ASA firewall manager, the software opens and the icon moves to the top left.
    You may have configured the sort by date.
    Click on an empty spot on the desktop with the right mouse button, choose "Icons" and then "Sort By": you should select "Unsorted" to have the behavior you desire.
    You can also lock them (right click on desktop => Icons => select "Locked"), but I find that it does not always works the way it should.

Hope this helps
    Cris
    Last edited by Cris70; 07-Apr-2021 at 14:39. Reason: clarification
    Desktop: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (x86_64) - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six-Core Processor, 16Gb RAM, 120GB Samsung Evo 840 SSD, 500Gb WD BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD
    Laptop: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (x86_64) - Thinkpad T440 - Intel i5-4210U, 12Gb RAM, 250GB Samsung EVO 750 SSD

Hi,
    no, i have "unsorted", but the position of the icons is not free, but aligned to the grid.
    If i want to put an icon free, the icon set the position next to my unclick, aligned to the grid.

Also the icons are surely blocked, but when I start some applications, the icon still moves to the top left.
    Any idea?