Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discourse

Smile Re: Discourse

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I may have changed that long ago,
    Maybe, I never changed it – possibly, I'm still using the default …
    • The Bugzilla default is, possibly, also “newest answer at the bottom” …

When I'm not logged into this Forum, the initial Post is at the top of the list …
    • Help!

While trying the various personalisation settings, I changed to the “Mobile” interface – and can't work out how to return to the “normal” settings …
    I'll be back later …

Found it → “Full Site” …

Question Re: Discourse

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I have to say that that forum looks very outdated.
    You didn't mention if, you took a look at the hybrid view – <https://paste.opensuse.org/68774002>

Blog Entries

Default Re: Discourse

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    While trying the various personalisation settings, I changed to the “Mobile” interface – and can't work out how to return to the “normal” settings …
    I have avoided Mobile settings, and I have avoided using the forum from a mobile device.

The only place where I see "Mobile" is in the style settings. It shows "standard styles" as "openSUSE-CMS" and "basic-green". I am using "basic-green". The only "mobile style" that it shows is "Default Mobile Style". There seems to be a chooser on every page. For me (using "basic-green") the chooser is near the bottom left. But I seem to recall that it is in a different location if I use a different style.

For reading the forum, I have it set to "linear mode - oldest first".
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5.18.5;

Wink Re: Discourse

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I have avoided Mobile settings, and I have avoided using the forum from a mobile device.
    AFAICS, one of the seemingly advantages of Discourse is, the “mobile telephone mode” – when walking down the street or, moving in general or, simply sitting around – swipe; swipe; swipe …
    • This ability, important for some, is a “hidden – only discoverable in the settings” feature of this forum …

Until today, I never knew that, we had the feature …

Discourse user interface is a massive, unbelieveable pile of <cuss>.

The whole interface is 100% designed towards being used on a phone or a tablet, no one in the UI team has ever thought about using it on a computer. For example on my 4k display the maximum width of the "forum" is ONE FOURTH OF THE SCREEN.

I suggested years ago that f.o.o should use IPB or newer VB which would bring new tools, more responsive UI and so forth but back then everyone was "but NTP.."
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net

I stand in total opposition to OP. I've snooped around other distros and none of the so-called help forums were as useful or complete as this one. Most are physically unattractive and off-putting. That's partially because of the attitude of the "helpers." I shudder if a google search tells me to go to the ubuntu forum; and that's the best of the bunch. I admit I'm a taker, not a helper but the header on my posts says "Join date 2008." That's because I lost my original password and joined as a new user then. Regardless, as a 10+ year user, I've seen nothing better.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12