Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: file conflict when installed my packages

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    5,531

    Default file conflict when installed my packages

    Hi
    I build man-pages-de from git in my Repo:
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s.../manpages-l10n

    With Tumbleweed, procps offers its onwn translated manpages as procps-lang.
    So my man-pages conflicts with procps-lang:
    Code:
    zypper in -f man-pages-de
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Forcing installation of 'man-pages-de-4.2.0.git20210305-64.1.noarch' from repository 'manpages'.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    The following package is going to be upgraded:
      man-pages-de
    
    The following package is going to change vendor:
      man-pages-de  openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/home:Sauerland
    
    1 package to upgrade, 1 to change vendor.
    Overall download size: 0 B. Already cached: 3.5 MiB. After the operation, additional 225.1 KiB will be used.
    Continue? [y/n/v/...? shows all options] (y): 
    In cache man-pages-de-4.2.0.git20210305-64.1.noarch.rpm                                                                                                                      (1/1),   3.5 MiB (  3.4 MiB unpacked)
    
    Checking for file conflicts: ..............................................................................................................................................................................[error]
    Detected 1 file conflict:
    
    File /usr/share/man/de/man1/uptime.1.gz
      from install of
         man-pages-de-4.2.0.git20210305-64.1.noarch (manpages)
      conflicts with file from package
         procps-lang-3.3.17-2.1.noarch (@System)
    
    File conflicts happen when two packages attempt to install files with the same name but different contents. If you continue, conflicting files will be replaced losing the previous content.
    Continue? [yes/no] (no): 
    
    Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
    Installation has been aborted as directed.
    History:
     - ABORT request: 
    
    Please see the above error message for a hint.
    I have added Obsoletes: procps-lang and Conflicts: procps-lang, but as you can see, it does not help.

    Can sombody point me to the direction to get procps-lang deleted or do I have to delete all the conflicting translations in my packages?

    What is the best way?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    30,845
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: file conflict when installed my packages

    Hi
    I would add two entries.... Obsoletes and Provides procps-lang
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,306

    Default Re: file conflict when installed my packages

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    I have added Obsoletes: procps-lang and Conflicts: procps-lang, but as you can see, it does not help.
    Because you have added them to the package manpages-l10n, not to the package man-pages-de where the actual conflict is.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    5,531

    Default AW: Re: file conflict when installed my packages

    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    Because you have added them to the package manpages-l10n, not to the package man-pages-de where the actual conflict is.
    Ah
    I add them to the macro, see if it works.....

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    5,531

    Default AW: file conflict when installed my packages

    That did the trick, added Provides, Obsoletes and Conflicts to the macro.
    Code:
    # Subpackage declaration.
    #
    %man_lang_package_declaration(o:) \
    %package -n man-pages-%{1}\
    Summary:       Translation of man pages in %{2}\
    Requires:      man-pages\
    Group:         Documentation/Man\
    Provides:      locale(man-pages:%{1})\
    Provides:      procps-lang\
    Obsoletes:     procps-lang\
    Conflicts:     procps-lang\
    BuildArch:     noarch %{-o:\
    Obsoletes:     %{-o*}}
    Thank you both.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •